Project Reporting Coordinator
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
The Business & Project Reporting Co-ordinator provides financial support for the operational business ensuring robust financial control is exercised across all business activities. The Business & Project Reporting Co-ordinator will ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, company policy procedures and regulations of the business.
This role will support the business in developing and reporting against the annual capital investment programme, supporting the LE process, Applications For Expenditure (AFE’s) and Post Investment Reviews (PIR’s) and maintaining the Finance team site.
The Business & Project Reporting Co-ordinator will leverage strong accounting and compliance backgrounds to explore historical financial data, predict future results and drive process and policy improvements.
Work closely with the Finance Management delivering accurate and timely financial reporting and responding to enquires and ad hoc analysis.
Work closely with the Financial Analyst, the Engineering teams and IS to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the Project Portfolio reporting
Work closely with the Engineering and Operations support teams to ensure financial processes and procedures are followed in relation to the authorisation and recording of the Capex investments
Assist the Financial Analyst in delivering the LE process’s deliverables for the Capex programme.
Assist in gathering information for the operational business narrative.
The wider business; sharing reporting and analysis and responding to queries.
The central finance team for reporting submission and responding to enquiries
External and internal auditors to support audits
Person Specification: Knowledge skills and experience
• Part qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, or ACA)
• Ability to communicate effectively with finance and non-finance staff
• Ability to develop strong working relationships with non-finance staff to ensure an excellent relationship with finance is maintained and rapport developed
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong organisation skills and ability to deliver to time under pressure
• Financial modelling experience
• Ability to distil complex issues into simple explanations and simple models
• Self-starter who is able to work independently but also know when to ask for support
• Able to manage multiple deliverables and support others in the team as needed
• Proven MS Excel skills
• SAP knowledge an advantage
• Experience with planning systems such as P6, BPC, Cognos etc desirable
• Financial accounting and reporting experience essential
• Analytical and numerical skills with an understanding of company financial information and accounts
• Experience/understanding of trading environment, ideally energy desirable