Projects Improvement & Development Sr Supervisor
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is a Multinational Chemical company which will construct, own and operate a world-scale integrated chemicals complex in Saudi Arabia. Once completed, the complex will represent the largest petrochemical facility ever built in a single phase. Our client will establish a world-scale manufacturing footprint that delivers a full range of value-added, performance products destined for the emerging markets of Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa.
Lead the Project & Improvement Development department, which provides technology expertise, licensor interface, licensors’ intellectual property protection, project identification, scoping and execution to close operational gaps and continuously improve the entire company operation.
1. Work closely with operations leadership to understand operational priorities and appropriately resource the areas/activities.
2. Provide improvement and Project Engineer’s support to ensure that Lender Reliability tests and licensor warrantee runs are successfully completed.
3. Participate in the project planning in coordination with all concerned stakeholders and provide advice for effective implementation.
4. Manage the technology expertise development and technology licensor interface.
5. Ensure that appropriate care is taken in the handling and protection of the Licensor Intellectual property.
6. Manage the implementation/use of TICA Work Process.
7. Ensure performance against business drivers/benchmarking, define gaps /identify opportunities, generate ideas to close gaps, improve performance, and develop technology plan to implement improvement ideas.
8. Confirm results and measure the effectiveness of the improvement plan.
9. Ensure GPM work process’ implementation and execute delivery of technology improvement and/or capital projects.
10. Manage FEED and any projects awarded to external EPCs for execution of detailed design.
11. Manage the effective use of the allocated capital. Support capital planning process.
12. Review and contribute to conducting feasibility and optimization studies to assess the financial implications of the proposed projects.
13. Review sequence of work-flow and associated interdependencies; identify and assess key interfaces to develop specific plans for executing and monitoring interfaces.
14. Define and assess key risks and uncertainties, and develop plans for mitigating the risks.
15. Ensure methodological implementation of cost estimation and scheduling; monitor progress against plan and budget.
16. Review and endorse formal reporting of project progress and forecasts.
17. Ensure project processes and procedures are clearly communicated and readily available for use by project teams; assess compliance to these processes and take corrective actions, as necessary.
18. Ensure that all principles, procedures and practices strictly comply with EH&S guidelines, regulatory and permit requirements.
19. Perform any job-related activities as requested by the immediate supervisor / manager.
1. Manage and oversee the day-to-day work performed by the unit staff.
2. Ensure that all tasks and activities are performed in accordance with company policies and procedures.
3. Assess the level of skills of employees and identify the need for developmental programs.
4. Motivate, coach, develop and support respective employees.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering field.
• Communication skills
• Safety Awareness
• Mentoring & Coaching
• Analytical Thinking