Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is a Global Operator in the Oil and Gas industry.
The successful candidate shall be based in the Aberdeen Project Office with visits to London / other sites as required.
The key purpose will be in providing a planning focal point for the our client's Projects Group band, in particular, the respective Projects in execution at the time, the Projects in the Development Phase (both Concept Select and Define) and to provide a longer term look-ahead with respect to resources and key activites to support the business needs of the Group.
DELIVERABLES AND DIMENSIONS
• Develop and Progress an overall Projects Group plan to include medium to long term forecasts, resource requirements, key reviews / gates.
• Supports the needs of the Projects plans for those in execution wrt the overall integrated plans.
• Assist in the review of the supporting documentation to the above e.g. Subcontractors Plans and Progress Reports .
• Participate in the Schedule Risking process of schedules as required.
• Assist in the review of related Tender Documentation from a Planning perspective
• Provides input, as required to other planning requirements from within the Project Group.
• Ensures that the Projects Group forecast and Project specific Integrated schedules are planned and actioned in a logical manner.
• Ensuring that the Project specific Suppliers meets with the requirements of the Contract(s) relating to planning, progress reporting and risk management.
• Ensuring that the above is conducted in a timely fashion to avoid jeopardizing schedule..
• Ensuring that the risks to the schedule are fully captured and actioned in a timely manner and reflected within the schedule.
• The filling of this role with a competent Planning Engineer will allow the Projects Group to deliver the required accuracy of forecasting wrt scheduling that will assist in the decision making process.
• This will also aid the Project Team in being able to offer the support to the MTP in relation to resourcing and high level planning.
• The role will report on all planning, resourcing and progress related Issues to the Projects Manager. It should also be noted that this position is currently contained within the Project Organogram and Budget exists for the position.
HIGH PERFORMANCE BEHAVIOURS
• Good Planning background and experience.
• Key contributor in a multi discipline / located Team.
• Organised for timely delivery.
• Confident communicator with good listening skills.
• Ability to travel as required to fulfil the role.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Degree / HNC qualified
• Preference to have worked in an Operators role previously
• Experienced in the use of Primavera and Primavera Risk Analysis (preferred).
• Current Offshore Survival / Medical (preferred)
• A minimum of ten years Planning experience
• Good all-round Oil and Gas knowledge
• Understanding of Project Risking – (Probabilistic Analysis)
• Familiar with a variety of Development Concepts e.g. Subsea Tie-backs, Greenfield Projects
• Familiarity with Yard Modification scopes of work.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Have a good balance between knowledge and the ability to communicate that knowledge
• A determination to continue learning both practically and theoretically
• Be prepared to travel as and when required