Prudhoe Bay Geophysicist - Anchorage
Oil and Gas - Other
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is a leading Global Oil and Gas Operating Company.
The Reservoir Management Team is responsible for identifying, evaluating and progressing reservoir targets in support of the ongoing drilling program. The team is also engaged in studies to evaluate the performance of the various areas as well as indentify an evaluate opportunities to improve performance and value from the area.
Prudhoe Bay is covered by multiple 3D seismic surveys. Work is currently underway to evaluate the feasibility of 4D and AVO which will significantly influence the future seismic program and ultimately drive future development in Prudhoe Bay.
The primary roles of this geophysical positions are: 1) evaluate and progress drilling targets, 2) play a key role in progressing the AVO and 4D analysis of recently acquired East Waterflood Survey, and 3) assist in the progressing studies to improve recovery from the GD area.
• Assist in identifying drilling targets and provide the geophysical interpretations necessary to quantify the risks and value of the targets.
• Steer and drive the AVO and 4D evaluations on the East Waterflood Survey
• Assist in AVO and 4D interpretations.
• Provide support on depletion planning studies in the GD area
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Essential Criteria & Qualifications:
• Working effectively with other functional teams (base, reservoir, NWD, Seismic Delivery)
• Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills
• Ability to communicate ideas effectively to teams within Company and co-owners
• Strong competencies in the areas of AVO & 4D