major oil and gas operator
Provides specialist advice and executes Purchasing activities ensuring effective resource utilization meeting quality, cost and delivery needs adhering to defined policies and procedures.
* Guides and coaches their team and peers, promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
* Applies Supply Purchasing processes to comply with local and Group Level Documents (GLD) requirements.
* Supports Purchasing Team Lead/Supervisor with performance and insights on the management of Supply risk to the business, Supplier delivery, payment issues and the relevant mitigating actions.
* Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure operational material and service requirements are met in line with schedules.
* Collaborates with the Category Management peers to optimize contracted spend, resolve supplier performance or contract issues.
* Collaborates with purchasing peers to build a community of practice and contribute to a high performing organization.
* Develops and maintains effective relationships with suppliers to track and measure delivery, quality and payments are in full and in accordance with agreed terms and conditions.
* Executes against the control framework for Master Data Management, maintaining quality and accuracy of information.
* End to end accountability for Purchase Order issuance, fulfilment and payment
* Executes processing of quality purchase orders maintaining a consistent service level to the business.
* Executes Request for Quotations (RFQs) and subsequent creation into purchase orders.
* Proactive management of designated purchase orders including but not limited to; supplier order acknowledgement, monitoring of purchase order values, purchase order changes as requested by end users and Vendors. expediting and activities associated with close out of the order
* Purchases goods & services in accordance with Local Procurement strategies.
* Executes initiatives to improve purchasing process performance and automation.
* Support Purchasing Administration team as necessary and directed
* Execute end to end supplier activities as part of the transactional purchasing processes including gather and study data to determine supplier performance.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Management, Supply Chain Management
* Proficiency in the Purchasing area with a minimum experience of between 2 - 4 years
* Requires detailed knowledge of procedures and concepts in own functional area and limited knowledge of other functions. Demonstrates and understands overall Supply chain process
* Oil & Gas Industry
* Membership of ISM/CIPS
* Experience with the use of ERP systems, preferably SAP.