QA QC Manager
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client was grown from a modest domestic engineering firm to a globally recognized name in the EPC market. Attracting talent from around the world, has broadened its business portfolio to a full range of engineering services: upstream and downstream hydrocarbon facilities; power plants; water and waste treatment plants; and industrial production facilities.
Job type : Permanent
Location : Bangkok (Head Office)
• Maintain/administer QA/QC program.
• Supervise QC for all disciplines.
• Report site quality problems to Site Manager.
• Control, supervise and maintain the qualification of welders and welder performance.
• Review and approve the construction procedure related quality control
• Inspect the welding work, review the results of NDE report and other installation works on site.
• Collect and organize QA/QC documentation for authorities and turnover
• Develop written procedures for quality control/quality assurance;
• Perform needed tests on site and in the laboratory to ensure conformity of material and works according to the contract
• Supervise construction works contracts including quantity measurement, quality, variation and payments;
• Ensure that contractors comply with works’ specifications;
• Establish and maintain procedures to develop standard documentation for construction works and quality control and assurance for the projects;
• Review the existing standard documentation for the Operations Centre and propose any improvements deemed necessary;
• Develop standard quality control procedures to be performed by the contractors;
• Develop a procedure to establish norms to define the project-alternatives that will be evaluated for each construction task.
• Preferably many project-alternatives should be evaluated for each construction task, but, as a minimum, two project alternatives must be evaluated;
• Develop and conduct robust procedures for quality assurance;
• Assess work activities for which labour based construction methods are appropriate and for those sections where heavy machinery is appropriate;
• Review of the Bill of Quantities and the contract documents for each section of the construction task;
• Define a procedure for using the cost norms to establish the cost of rehabilitation and maintaining the construction task;
• Supervision of the contractors in the implementation of the work.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or higher
• License: Certification in Non Destructive Testing (NDT) ASNT Level II (Min.) in RT, UT, MT and PT
• Certification Welding Inspector: AWS-CWI, CSWIP or PCN. Level III
• Coating Inspector: BGAS or NACE
• Service year: Minimum 5 years
• Relevant experience: 6 years experience in Oil and Gas Refinery and Petrochemicals for medium size or large scale project.
• A minimum of 3 years management experience, preferably in a quality control/quality assurance function.
• Preferable possess ISO Lead Auditor certifications.
• Good Command of English.