A global Oil & Gas operator with extensive operations in the Caspian Region.
* Performs BP QC team monitoring, surveillances on Contractors construction installation, QC and Inspection of Electrical activities for compliance to Contract requirements. Review of Contractor Electrical inspectors competency and Electrical procedures to confirm conformance with BP requirements. Assist in the Mechanical Completion processes as required.
* Performs monitoring & surveillances of Contractors site Electrical construction activities.
* Provide HSE leadership and report to BP any unsafe acts or conditions, work with BP and Contractors to deliver expectations
* Responsible for BP review of Contractors site E& or I and issues reports on acceptance of work performed by Contractor
* Identify and recommends resolutions of non-conformances and corrective actions to Contractors site construction activities and monitors to satisfactory close-out
* Review, mark up and participate in Contractors Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs) ensure BP monitor, witness and hold points included in ITPs are implemented
* Provide input into lessons learned and risk management systems
* Provide detailed daily, weekly and monthly Quality reports as required by project and attend project meetings as required
* Review and confirm conformance of Contractors E&I personnel and procedures
* Implement performance reviews, recommend areas for improvement
* Ensure Contractors fully implement project requirements as defined in approved specifications and procedures, particularly on "Ex" certified equipment
* Source required data for monitoring and reporting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
* Monitor the calibration status of tools used by the inspectors of the contractor & Vendors.
* Participates in contractors internal audits associated with discipline
* Promotes and leads by example on a One Team philosophy and works with the contractor to ensure continuous improvement
* Promotes the use of non-conformances as opportunities for improvement. Identifies the NCR and seeks buy in by the contractor to issue it in their own system for resolution, close out and follow up on the preventive actions to ensure they do not repeat themselves
* Applies a proactive approach to inspection to get it right the first time by being in front of the activities and not behind
* Ensures the GOC documentation is being completed in time and in an accurate manner as activities get completed
* Supports the E&I equipment safe storage and preservation efforts
* Ensures all E&I contractor technicians and inspectors have clear visibility of the correct and incorrect ways for mounting equipment and terminating cables by implementing a quality board with pictures of examples or a container with physical examples
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Perform BP quality control, inspection and surveillances on Contractors E&I inspection operations to confirm compliance to project requirements. Report non-conformances and corrective actions with documented evidence and recommendations for satisfactory resolution
* Ability to produce high standard written (English) reports
* Computer literate (MS programmes - words, excel, PowerPoint)Formal qualification in Electrical Engineering [HNC minimum or equivalent]
* Valid CompEx (or equivalent) Certificate
* Minimum of 2 years' experience on BP Assets.
* Minimum 5 years in Electrical Inspection, relating to construction of electrical installations in the Oil and Gas industry, installation of "Ex" certified equipment, detailed inspections of "Ex" certified equipment in accordance with IEC 60079 - Part 17, cable glands/HV terminations/instrument tubing fittings inspections
* Minimum 5 years inspection surveillances on client behalf overseeing Contractors work activities on HV & LV Swit
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Qualified as internal quality auditor (ISO-9000) [Desired]