QC Offsite Services Test Inspector
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
• Running and reporting on testing as required by project specifications.
• Manage and co-ordinate the manufacture of test samples for both internal and external use in the acceptance of customer/innovation products.
• Providing a comprehensive QC inspection service to ensure that achieve standards related to quality.
• Carry out testing following established test procedures as required to meet demand from daily QC requirements at offsite location.
• Control and administer databases being used to manage workload in lab and sample prep area
• Ensure any failing results are captured and investigated using NCR process
• Control of machine shop resources so as to achieve maximum productivity and material utilization within the requirements of the schedule
• Motivated to meet production schedule with quality, on-time delivery
• Support production of samples to meet customer delivery while minimizing overtime and excess labour costs
• Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment at all times
• Coordinate any maintenance needs for departmental operations and research ways to run equipment more efficiently
• Carrying out inspection of the businesses manufactured products at all stages of manufacture according to ITP requirements
• Ensure that the status and control on non-conforming products in accordance with relevant procedures
• Carry out new mould tool inspections prior to release for production and/or shall inspect 1st off mouldings from those tools to identify correctness or otherwise to engineering drawings and report findings
• Maintain clear and accurate records of inspection findings at all times
• Ensure strict compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures with particular reference to health, safety and quality
• Delivery of inspection activities to meet production schedule with focus on quality and on-time delivery
• Reduce occupational injuries inherent to the area by ensuring that proper Personal Protective Equipment is worn at all times
• Ensure measurement and reporting of product and process performance
• Ensure that the housekeeping in the areas under the supervisors control is maintained to the highest standard
• Provide proper documentation of QC inspection results
• Leading change and integrating best practice
• Fulfilling all Offsite Services Operations duties identified in The Map and driving continuous improvement
• Carrying out any other reasonable duties that may be requested from time to time
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Effective communicator with the ability to lead and supervise people
• Knowledge of laboratory principles and practices of safety, precision, testing, sample preparation and procedures
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Deliver excellent customer satisfaction by continuously meeting and exceeding expectations
• Understand customer needs and develop interventions to fulfil requirements
• Ensure excellent service delivery through operational excellence
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse workforce
• Intermediate computer skills
• Bilingual, preferred
• HS, or equivalent, level in a sciences discipline
• BGAS/CSWIP Coatings level II – Institute of corrosion painting inspector level II – NACE coating inspector level II – FROSIO coating inspector level 2 or IRMII insulation inspector
• Proven track record within a laboratory environment
• Involvement in change initiatives and projects with a view to continual improvement