The client is a leader within the Automation and Control Systems field with operations in 100 countries worldwide. They specialise in providing integrated solutions to the Transmission and Distribution and Oil & Gas industry with projects offshore and overseas.
Responsible for ensuring that expected product quality is achieved through correct standards and documentation. Achieved through collaboration with manufacturing, D&D, suppliers and others as required.
Must have experience good/extensive experience of writing quality inspection documents for good in and out - mechanical and electrical
* To work with D&D (Design Authority or other) and ensure the key dimensions and associated tolerances for all parts, bringing the drawings up-to-date. To make them available to appropriate suppliers as required.
* To review the Quality Acceptance criteria for each product and bring up-to-date including Test Specifications TS, reference samples and other means. To update the QC and related report sheets at each flow-line.
* To review all Manufacturing Instructions MI for each product and ensure up-to-date, re-publishing where necessary to each flow-line.
* To liaise effectively with other stake-holders including Certification and Standards Engineer, Production Managers, Quality Manager et al.
* To coordinate the prioritized changes necessary via the Change Request system and ensure associated documentation is effectively controlled.
* To ensure the awareness of operators and others to ensure best quality standards through coordinating tool-box talks, trainings, etc.
* To prepare suitable reports to track progress and manage issues.
* To collaborate closely with quality team colleagues and support the wider range of quality activity.
* To support continuous improvement initiatives in the facility.
* To evaluate operational systems and drive design modifications to eliminate causes of malfunctions or changes in product/systems requirements.
* To prepare technical plans using computer-aided engineering and design software - e.g. 2D and 3D CAD.
* To ensure both factory and cell design meet all customer requirements.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Must hold a degree or equivalent in an appropriate engineering or technical discipline
* Minimum 5 years quality management or manufacturing engineering experience gained through new product development and new product introduction.
* Experience of quality management systems, particularly ISO9000, ISO13485, AS9100 or TS16949. This includes procedures and internal auditing.
* Ability to interpret engineering drawings, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
* Good verbal and written communication skills and MS
* Excellent problem solving skills along strong analytical techniques
* CAD experience - Solid works or ProE
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Knowledge of SAP and Windchill
* Good understanding of medium to large manufacturing process
* Documentation author or Quality Inspector experience.
* Can do attitude.
* Lean Manufacturing experience.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.