Power & Energy
Our client offer design, manufacture, assembly & testing of complex, high-integrity mechanical and electromechanical plant equipment as well as waste management and decommissioning front-end engineering and methodologies to the nuclear industry
• To co-ordinate and carry out QC activities applicable to procured and in-house manufactured items.
• Liaising with customers and suppliers on quality/inspection issues.
• Understanding of/and assist with co-ordination of the calibration system.
• The job holder is responsible for ensuring that the accuracy of his/her own work meets the standards set by the Department.
Key Activities / Decision Areas
• In-house inspection activities both final and intermediate and completion of these activities in line with route card and quality plan requirements, ensuring that all relevant QC documents are signed/stamped off.
• Carry out Goods Inwards inspection activities as required, including review and approval of incoming supplier’s material certificates and dimensional reports.
• Recording discrepancies and raising Non Conformity Reports as necessary.
• Use of measurement and metrology equipment, for example CMM, shadowgraph, FARO Arm, micrometers and gauges etc.
• Liaise with customer inspectorate and customer quality department on quality and inspection issues.
• Prepare and maintain inspection reports and quality records in line with contract and customer requirements.
• Assist in the control and maintenance of inspection equipment calibration system.
• Ensure quarantine control of non-conforming items during subsequent material review to ensure conformance standards are maintained.
• Take the lead from the PQE (Project Quality Engineer) and carry out or assist with intermediate and final inspection visits prior to supplier material despatch.
• Liaise with PQE to become conversant with the items requiring inspection or testing.
• Generate Surveillance and Final Release reports.
• Represent client inspection during visits
• Report to PQE the state of their individual interests.
• Other Duties/Tasks include (but not limited to)
• Undertake QMS audits when required
• Undertake product audits and patrol inspections
• Undertake measurement tooling audits
• Assist in closeout of NCR's
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Measurement and Metrology experience including FARO arm and CMM operation and associated software.
• To be able to read and interpret mechanical and electrical engineering drawings and specifications from component level up to complex assembly with regards to geometric features, dimensional and tolerance requirements.
• Knowledge of materials and to be able to understand and validate against associated standards and accompanying certification.
• Have strong understanding and experience with PC software for Word processing, Spread sheets and data bases.
• Develop a sound knowledge of Company and Department procedures and Company Organisation
• Be able to perform routine tasks with timeliness and accuracy.
• Recognize the need to work with and contribute as part of a team and work flexibly when required to meet business needs.