Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is a major oil and gas company within Australia and is the largest producer of gas to the domestic market within the country. Active for more than 40 years, they have the largest exploration portfolio by area and are currently listed as one of Australia's Top 30 Companies.
Fircroft have been asked to source a Quantity Surveyor to work closely with estimators to review and assess contactor estimates and claims.
• Work for an international Oil & Gas company on a Coal Seam Gas project
• Gladstone residential based location, with a full relocation package
• Long term contract role with a day rate offered
The Quantity Surveyor will play an integral part in the control of construction costs and project estimations. In addition, you will report on the job progress and cost control during all stages.
• Work with estimators to develop a base to interrogate estimates
• Review and challenge estimates
• Control construction costs by accurate measurement of the work plant and materials required
• Understand the implications of design decisions at an early stage to ensure that good value for money is obtained
• Undertake cost planning, cost analysis, site measurements for progress payments and variations
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Tertiary qualifications in engineering, or equivalent years experience
• Chartered member of a relevant professional organisation
• Knowledge and understanding of technical engineering principles
• Experience managing cost estimates in the construction of Oil & Gas projects