Power & Energy
Our client is an Engineering Services company, who are an international technical consultancy, providing a range of services including licence to operate, asset management, manufacturing improvement and capital investment to customers in the chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and consumer industries worldwide
To provide commercial services to project teams to ensure that commercial and contractual discipline is maintained throughout all project delivery phases. The role will also involve providing guidance and fostering the development with all project staff on commercial issues. Ensuring that the commercial management of all projects are up to date and in line with the budgets. Maintaining working relationships with clients, consortium partners and supply chain on effective administration of contract.
• Understand the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices required to record change etc.
• Understand the basic principles of contract law and its importance in defense/application of contractual claims.
• Understand the principles of cost forecasting and reporting
• Provide commercial reporting to Project Teams and Senior Management
• Assist in establishing and maintaining cost and valuation reporting procedures
• Establish, develop and maintain contract administration procedures
• Initiate and maintain a means of contractual understanding within Project Teams.
• To manage the commercial resources of the assigned project to maximise the planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts. To assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks.
• To support the authorisation and submission of project variations. To authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Ideally degree qualified i.e. BSc or MSc, preferably a member of a professional body.
• Minimum of 5 years Quantity Surveying experience or an in depth knowledge of the different construction process within the Power Distribution, Utilities or M&E
• Professional and Approachable individual with an excellent prioritization and time management skills
• Working knowledge of NEC3, FIDIC and Bespoke forms of contracts.
• Experience in monthly cost/value reporting and cash flow management both with clients and supply chain.
• Experience in preparation and presentation of compensation events, extension of time and other claims.
• Computer literacy – Minimum Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Team player
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (Written and Oral).
• Experience of collaborative working and strong communication skills both in partnership with Clients, and in liaising with the various specialist functions
• A tenacious individual who