Power & Energy
Job Title: RAM Manager
Reports to: System Assurance Manager
To manage RAM activities within LUP to ensure that RAM issues are fully considered and actioned within the total scope of supply. To demonstrate compliance with contractual requirements.
Key Result Areas
• Responsible at the integrated systems level for managing the Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) issues associated with the delivery of new Rolling Stock and signalling within the BT scope.
• Co-ordinate the RAM activities across the project and its subcontractors.
• Issue the required RAM documentation with respect to the Project milestones;
• Develop working relations with safety engineering, performance engineering and subcontractors, to ensure that the commercial risk of RAM issues is adequately managed.
• Demonstration of compliance with RAM requirements
• Definition and implementation of RAM analysis (e.g. FMECA). To understand the drivers of loss of reliability (both systems and external influences) and enable clear understanding of the risks – to enable appropriate mitigating actions or contingencies.
• Monitor and manage through the emerging design RAM work carried out by signalling and rolling stock suppliers.
• Set up review processes with Performance Engineer and Safety Engineering.
• Monitor product quality and provide quality assured reliability information for use by the safety engineer.
• Supervision and follow up of RAM Demonstration test activities
Discharge HSE responsibilities defined by the LUP HSE Management System.
Qualifications and Experience
The job holder should be educated to degree or equivalent level in an engineering discipline. The person must have a minimum of three years of experience of managing the practical aspects of RAM in a live project execution phase.