Reliability Engineer (Machinery)
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Purpose of the role:
To implement reliability improvement processes across the Refinery.
To develop the capability of personnel in reliability improvement activities so that a culture of continuous improvement is achieved at all levels.
To provide reliability and discipline expertise to the Refinery
• Review the criticality of Refinery equipment, taking into account factors that have a bearing on how quickly failed items can be returned to service, in order to allow prioritisation
• Review existing and develop new Mtce Policies for critical equipment (machinery) that cover design aspects, basic care needs for the Operating Team, Mtce routines, spares and, working with relevant teams, implement them in order to minimize breakdowns
• Develop Asset Life Plans for specific units in order to ensure that the level of risk posed by aging equipment (machinery) is consistent with Business requirements for those assets.
• Assess known equipment (machinery) vulnerabilities, defining options and developing solutions so as to reduce Business risk
• Perform detailed analysis of equipment (machinery) reliability, identifying gaps between current performance and business requirements and/or world class benchmarks, in order to justify and focus investment in specific reliability improvement activities
• Provide expert support to the Operating Teams with the review of Operating Instructions and Operator Equipment Care Routines critical to equipment (machinery) reliability and deliver relevant training so ensuring they effectively support equipment reliability
• The job holder will be an expert in RCFA ( Root Cause Failure Analysis) and other Reliability Processes (e.g. FMECA)
• Will have a through knowledge of relevant external machinery standards and knowledge of best practice in the aspects of machinery care and maintenance
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Engineering Degree
• 5 + years working on a range of maintenance and/or reliability improvement activities across a range of equipment types, predominantly machinery, within the Refining, Oil or Similar Process Industry
• Knowledge and experience of improvement processes and their application to manufacturing processes
• Proven track record in the delivery of Performance Improvement Projects
• Good leadership skills
• Good interpersonal understanding and communication skills
• Self-confidence, determination and tenacity
• Ability to challenge the norm and fixed assumptions
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Understanding and commitment to both process and personal safety in particular the application of reliability in order to reduce risk