One of the world's leading private biotechnology companies, developing and manufacturing innovative biotechnology-based medicines for human healthcare products, with a focus on microbial-derived biologics .
PURPOSE OF JOB
To contribute to a R&D Operations project team to provide high quality experimental work in the development, evaluation and characterisation of processes for the production of novel therapeutic products (particularly proteins).
Laboratory based experimental scientist able to execute experimental work programmes (with guidance and supervision) to identify and develop novel processes for the production and analysis of therapeutic products.
Key techniques / expertise:
Basic knowledge of Biochemistry, Cell Science, Protein purification, Biochemical Engineering and associated analytical techniques.
Ability to utilise a range of upstream processing equipment and techniques to enrich and generate a plethora of molecular classes pertinent to the biopharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
Ability to perform calculations (e.g. molarity, use of formula weights, buffer composition, mass balances statistics biomass, specific production rate, growth rates).
Additional departmental specific requirements for this job role can be sought from your line manager but may include aspects of lab management, Quality or EHS advocacy.
1. To implement, with guidance and limited supervision, the experimental programmes needed to develop, evaluate and characterise processes for target molecules.
2. To accurately record the experiments performed and ensure full documentation compliant with R&D quality procedures.
3. To perform experimental programmes required to support the transfer of processes from the laboratory to the pilot scale.
4. When required, to support the GMP manufacture of the recombinant protein molecules within the GMP environment.
5. To perform duties safely and in accordance with SHE policies.
6. To be compliant with the cGMP system.
7. To advise colleagues of techniques in which they are proficient
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
A graduate with a relevant degree or at least 2 years relevant laboratory experience.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.