Oil & Gas
An international Oil & Gas Operator
As a Reservoir Geologist you will participate in various activities (e.g. studies, reservoir geological operations, drilling activities follow-up) aimed at achievement of good returns on the Company's investments in Angola.
- In conjunction with the Petrophysicists, Geophysicists and Sedimentologists, carry out reservoir characterization studies.
- Build detailed static geological models (e.g. using Petrel software) based on well data, sedimentology, seismic and outcrop data. Upscale the detailed geo-cellular models and reservoir properties (e.g. porosity and permeability) which will be required for building the dynamic models. Provide necessary number of upscaled models to properly reflect reservoir uncertainties (structure, facies, properties, etc.).
- Interact with the Reservoir Engineers, Petrophysicists, Sedimentologists and Geophysicists as necessary during the building and upscaling of the static models.
- Estimate HCIIP volumes based on the static models, petrophysical and PVT data. Such estimates need to reflect reservoir uncertainties and risks.
- Provide support to the Reservoir Engineers during reservoir / well performance analyses, well test analysis and field development planning.
- Perform regional geological studies on specific important Angolan formations as may be required.
- Properly document all the studies.
- Provide reservoir geological contributions to be included in the documentation needed for obtaining the Company's internal project approval.
Reservoir Geological Operations:
- In conjunction with staff from other sections, make data acquisition plans and follow-up the implementation (e.g. LWD/MWD, wireline logs, mud logs, MDT/SFT/Geotap/Stethoscope, cuttings, cores, etc.).
- Provide reservoir geological contributions to drilling proposals.
- Be the focal point for well proposals when required.
- Follow-up drilling activities and provide geological contributions as may be necessary in case plans have to be modified (e.g. if unplanned side-track is required).
- Provide regular updates on the progress of the drilling activities.
- In conjunction with staff from other sections, define analyses to be done on the cores. Follow-up the laboratory analyses.
- Represent the Company in technical meetings with the Operator and / or Partners to discuss field development plans, production optimization plans, technical work programs and updates on the implementation of the work programs.
- Contribute ideas and challenge the Operator to ensure that the Company gets value for money from the investments made in the Non-Operated Assets.
- Follow-up the drilling activities and provide regular updates on the progress.
- Follow-up reservoir geological studies being done by the Operator and make comments and contributions which could enhance the quality of the studies.
- Based on documentation from the Operator, provide reservoir geological contributions to be included in the documentation needed for obtaining the Company's internal project approval.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Degree in Geology;
- At least 2 years activities spent in Static Modelling
- Geology & Geophysics interpretations
- Subsurface & Reservoir fundamentals
- Sequence Stratigraphy
- Structural Geology
- Reservoir Characterization