4 - 5 months
major oil and gas operator
Primary responsibilities involve recording, analyzing and processing oil and gas related revenues, royalties, and related expenses on our offshore Gulf of Mexico properties. Additional responsibilities entail maintaining oil and gas pricing schedules. Preparation and processing of invoicing for oil, condensate, gas and NGLs each month, and reconciling any payment discrepancies. Accurately reporting to governmental agencies on a monthly basis, which could include ONRR audits.
Secondary responsibilities include coding, and entering revenue A/P invoices into SAP. Updating, reconciling, and analyzing revenue accounts receivable for the properties that fall under your assigned responsibility.
• Interact with other departments, such as Marketing, Operations, Production, Land, etc.
• Interact with 3rd party companies reconciling any revenue pricing, volume, or payment discrepancies.
• Provide price and volume analysis to Management.
• Record journal entries for volume reconciliations at month end.
• Compile revenue data in revenue spreadsheets for input into Revenue System (Horizon).
• Key price, volume, selling arrangement information into Revenue System (Horizon).
• Allocate sales to a well level that’s based on sales invoices, marketing arrangements, and production volumes.
• Record journal entries for miscellaneous revenue receipts into Horizon.
• Compile, prepare, review, and record various marketing related invoices.
• Review Preliminary Distribution Reports for accuracy of royalty distribution of the Company’s properties.
• Review on-line Bulletin Boards to obtain production information. Obtain inside FERC, Gas Daily, Platts and various other reports for prices. Compile production and pricing information to prepare invoices.
• Prepare and send invoices for oil, condensate, gas and NGLs each month and reconcile any payment discrepancies.
• Verify the ONRR lines generated by the revenue system are accurate, and have the ability to make the necessary corrections if needed.
• Resolve issues and discrepancies related to cash receipts, and apply cash receipts to revenue accounts receivable.
• Perform account reconciliations for various revenue accounts.
• Update and maintain monthly gas balancing spreadsheet, and upload to revenue system.
• Key Revenue A/P vouchers into SAP to pay vendors.
• Other requests and duties as assigned.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Three plus years of Revenue Accounting experience.
• Experience with oil and gas revenue and distribution of royalties.
• Familiarity with ONRR Offshore royalty reporting.
• Experience with oil and gas accounts receivable.
• Good understanding of how to work in Excel.
• Advanced understanding of information technology and computer applications.