4 - 5 months
major oil and gas operator
Responsibilities to include but are not limited to producing and analyzing daily PnL and risk management reporting for commodity-related transactions, measuring and monitoring portfolio risks, validating trades for accuracy and within prescribed limits.
• Validate all transactions input into ETRM system and resolve any discrepancies with Traders. Produce daily report showing input errors.
• Produce and deliver timely daily PnL report for management review. Weekly and monthly PnL reports are also required for Group roll-up.
• Participate in key risk driver analysis, risk profiling and aggregation, and risk model development.
• Daily analysis of movement of PnL and MTM and understanding of Trader’s strategies whilst working closely with them to resolve any issues.
• Develop trend analysis and other scenario testing to understand market movements.
• Analyze risk parameters to verify they are within the approved tolerances and limits.
• Participate in risk technology/systems design and implementation.
• Provide back-up as required to the various other activities within the risk team
• Support regional and global process & procedure standardization initiatives
• Interact with other departments, such as Trading, Operations, Accounting, IT, etc. on local and international basis.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics discipline.
• Maximum 2 years relevant work experience in energy trading company.
• Work experience with ETRM front-to-back systems in the energy sector is a plus.
• Experience with excel and modeling, VBA is a plus.
• Experience working on PnL and MTM and understanding trader strategies.
• Basic understanding of the characteristics and dynamics of the US energy markets
• Experience in risk management within a commodities or trading environment
• Self-starter, initiative driven, dependable, and work well under pressure.
• Excellent communications required to effectively interface with management, front-to-back stakeholders and vendors for the various applications.
• Ability to work within a dynamic and international environment.
• Ability to seek for solutions, improvements and resolve problems.