Rotating Equiment Engineer
Oil and Gas - Other
This vacancy has now expired.
General Description of Organization
The organization provides front-end-engineering, detailed engineering, construction, commissioning and start-up of major upstream projects. Our multi-disciplinary engineering group provides system and equipment design, drafting, and project management services for the drilling and production facilities of these major projects. The work portfolio for this community includes managing large green-field developments (onshore, shallow water and deep water offshore) and large brown-field expansion projects, as well as providing expertise to other projects that support future upstream developments.
Projects are staffed from the multi-discipline community where staff and contractors may be assigned 100% to one project or allocated part-time among several projects.
The specific position of this request is for a member of the Rotating Equipment Engineering discipline team.
Description of Discipline Team
The Rotating Equipment team members are responsible for the accurate and timely completion of detailed rotating equipment engineering activities and deliverables for facilities projects as outlined by the project team. The Rotating Equipment community is accountable for the design, fabrication, testing, installation, commissioning and start-up of the following types of packages:
• Major compressors and pumps
• Reciprocating compressors, High speed separable compressors
• Centrifugal compressors
• Wet & dry screw compressors
• Oil export and water injection pumps, including novel technology high flow rate at high pressure
Responsibilities and Expectations of the Assignment
The selected candidate for this position will be accountable for the following tasks:
Ensure new Rotating equipment purchased:
• Meets all requirements defined by the engineers and in the contract
• Manufactured according to standards
• Shipped and stored properly
• Installed per highest standard
• Commissioned to provide long life
Organize and oversee field corrective repairs
Engage OEM engineering and staff to resolve manufacturing problems
Additionally, the selected candidate is expected to:
• Demonstrate a commitment to HSSE and show leadership to foster appropriate behaviors and ensure compliance with HSSE rules and policies.
• Understand and apply HSSE and Social Performance Control Framework, and specifically, the chapter on Process Safety and the Design and Engineering Manuals (DEM1 and DEM2).
• Work in a team environment and handle multiple responsibilities with minimal supervision by the Rotating Equipment Team Lead
• Interface as requested or necessary with other disciplines/organizations for design issues and project management of modules and engineered packages (example: Quality, Rotating Equipment, Construction and HSSE) to ensure success of total project
• Establish and maintain applicable customer and supplier/contractor relationships
The selected candidate will be working with the rotating equipment project engineering group in New Orleans. The primary role of the group is to design and build the major rotating equipment packages and components for offshore facilities; however, onshore upstream work is also included in the organization’s scope. Besides being directly responsible for the high horsepower equipment, the supporting hardware such as coolers, vessels and steel module are included.
This Rotating Equipment Technician role will require at least 50 % travel from the New Orleans base location. The technician will be expected to visit all manufacturing sites, engage suppliers staff to correct quality issues, expedite suppliers, engage staff as required, and propose solutions to problems. Frequency and timing of travel is dependent on project needs. Travel would be to vendor locations at various locations in the United States, as well as, internationally.
Experience and Qualifications
Journeyman machinist/ millwright
10+ years as rotating equipment specialist in Oil and gas industry
Ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings such as P&IDs, structural fabrication, machining and assembly
Must think and speak in thousandths of an inch
Good working knowledge of API and DEPs Rotating equipment specs
Good oral and written communication skills
Safe work practices as applied in the Rotating equipment world
Bearings and seals
Machine shop practices, fits, tolerances and surface finish
Machinery installation and precision alignment
Commissioning and start up