Rotating Equipment Principal Engineer
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is a Multinational Chemical company which will construct, own and operate a world-scale integrated chemicals complex in Saudi Arabia. Once completed, the complex will represent the largest petrochemical facility ever built in a single phase. Our client will establish a world-scale manufacturing footprint that delivers a full range of value-added, performance products destined for the emerging markets of Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa.
Provide Rotating Equipment engineering support for the Production, Maintenance, Reliability and PID departments, addressing existing equipment issues and fresh equipment design to optimize efficiency, safety, quality and cost effectiveness.
1. Responsible for Rotating Equipment engineering support for maintenance, reliability and operation of Rotating Equipment.
2. Lead Rotating Equipment discipline related maintenance of standards and specifications.
3. Upgrade professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publication; establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
4. Manage Rotating Equipment discipline related training program for discipline engineers.
5. Organize and train discipline engineers, operators and technicians for better understanding and appreciation of system reliability and proper use of Rotating Equipment.
6. Coordinate and participate in site Rotating Equipment Safety and Reliability Audits. Ensure adherence to environmental regulations and adopt Safety Loss Prevention principles.
• Production department
-Provide advanced Rotating Equipment engineering support.
• Maintenance department
-Provide advanced Rotating Equipment engineering support on maintenance projects and repairs.
-Provide advanced technical assistance and resolution /troubleshooting support.
-Evaluate repair proposals of critical equipment for sound Rotating Equipment engineering practice and conformance with established safety and design criteria, and recommend approval or disapproval.
-Organize fit-for-service evaluations of new and repaired Rotating Equipment.
• Reliability department
-Provide advanced technical assistance and resolution /troubleshooting support in RCI.
-Lead review of the PPM program for maintenance goal alignment.
• PID department
-Provide advanced Rotating Equipment engineering field support on construction projects
-Lead support efforts for PID department in preparing project cost and work estimates, development of scope and material take-offs. Assist in advanced analysis tasks to estimate man-hours, materials and resources needed for successful completion of the project.
-Lead fit-for-service evaluations of new Rotating Equipment.
• Procurement department
-Lead evaluation efforts of vendors and service providers.
8. Lead the preparation of technical specifications of various rotating mechanical equipment and materials and ensure adherence to the agreed design, standards and requirements, plant operability and performance.
9. Oversee the development of basic design, detailed engineering and procurement- related activities of Rotating Equipment such as pumps, compressors, blowers and refrigeration units.
10. Provide information on rotating equipment to aid the project team in their proposal, engineering and construction.
11. Review and approve vendor documentation for rotating equipment on assigned projects.
12. Provide technical expertise to achieve accuracy in project piping and instrumentation drawings.
13. Guide the team to ensure that they coordinate with other relevant organizations to determine mechanical equipment component’s life span using appropriate reliability tools to prolong use.
14. Lead the group in providing technical assistance and trouble-shooting support for all mechanical rotating equipment, and ensure that all maintenance activities and procedures are aligned with reliability requirements.
15. Identify spare part requirements for rotating equipment, employing risk-based maintenance tool and other similar systems.
16. Ensure compliance with all the company and government environmental health and safety regulations.
17. Perform any job-related activities as requested by the immediate supervisor/superintendent.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Essential: Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• Quality of Work
• Safety conscious
• Process compliance
• Communication skills