Our client is a nuclear specialist, covering both civilian and defence sectors, across the complete lifecycle from New Build, through Operations and Maintenance, to final decommissioning and waste disposal.
Salary : Neg
My client has a requirements on for an RPA / trainee RPA to work in Scotland
The successful candidates will be responsible for:
* Provision of radiation protection advice to assist clients with regulatory compliance.
* Evaluation of the working environment and development of safe systems of work to ensure an appropriate standard of radiological safety.
* Delivering a high quality customer focused service to clients on and off the site.
* Facilitating radiation protection training courses in the UK and abroad.
* Participating in the development, testing and evaluation of operating instructions and contingency arrangements.
* Reviewing operational HP data and initiate follow-up action as required.
* Carrying out onshore and offshore radiation audits for compliance with IRR99 / RSA93 / EPR 2010, and the 2011 Exemption Order.
It is essential for the suitable candidates to have a Certificate of Competence to be a Radiation Protection Adviser or be working towards an NVQ Level 4 in Radiological Protection. They will ideally hold a degree or equivalent in a science subject. A thorough knowledge of operational Health Physics is required and some offshore experience would be desirable. A full clean driving license is essential.
Ideally the successful candidate will have strong presentation skills.
For further information on this role please contact Rebecca Brade on 01925 281 508 or 07768 596 546 or email your CV