Safety Data Sheet Author
Manchester until January 2018 then London
This vacancy has now expired.
The Hazard Communication authoring team is part of the Product Stewardship Focus Delivery group that is responsible for the delivery of Hazard Communication documentation to various classes of business to support the company's license to operate. The team manages more than 80,000 documents in more than 27 languages. The team manages close relationships with other functions, e.g. HSE, Legal and business contacts to execute this work. The SAP PSP platform is the primary system for supporting this work and requires the application of a skill level of knowledge to execute the required job activities.
- Works within the rules and processes defined for the team to identify and assemble appropriate information within the SAP PSP system to produce accurate safety data sheets to met the agreed deadlines.
- Applies technical knowledge and regulatory rules to produce compliant hazard communication documentation.
- Develops proficiency in both the regulatory and technical content and functioning of the SAP PSP system sufficient to demonstrate proficiency in assigned work.
- Identifies 'defects' in data, process or system issues, contributing to problem resolution where possible
- Follows records management processes as prescribed.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Individuals who are successful in this position often have exposure to relevant regulatory requirements and/or product chemistry concepts.
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent in the sciences is strongly preferred.
- Familiarisation with Fuels, Lubricants, Manufacturing or Chemicals product portfolio is required
- Working knowledge of GHS classification rules
- Experience with Safety data sheet content, construction and constraints
- Familiar with Product Stewardship Processes
- SAP system familiarity
- Excellent excel skills, managing large amounts of data and interpreting it for regulatory reporting
- Classes of Business covered by this activity are: Fuels including Retail Fuels and Refinery Streams; Lubricants; Chemicals; Bitumen and Specialities; Innovative products such as R&D.
- Regulatory Monitoring and Compliance
- Ability to understand difference between Substance and Mixtures, their breakdown and classification according to country/regional/global regulations.