Safety Validation Engineer
This vacancy has now expired.
Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
This role reports directly to the functional manager for component safety, within the safety and validation team. This team in turn is part of the body and trim department. The primary responsibility is to confirm validation of the vehicle safety systems. Plan, coordinate and analyse safety testing activities, for example airbag static deployment, interior and exterior head impact, system sled testing, structural safety etc.
• Identify and agree test requirements
• Identify parts requirement to achieve validation and ensure that these parts are received in a timely manner
• Develop a test plan including the use of all necessary resources to achieve validation within the required timeframe
• Coordinate testing activity
• Analyse test data and report results in the appropriate forums, including the maintenance of PVR documents
• Suggest continuous improvement activity with regard to test processes
• Restraints function (system development)
• Whole vehicle test & measurement
• Seats and interior functions
• Vehicle safety integration (crash) team
• Logistics and engineering parts procurement
• Engineering qualification would be preferred. but equivalent experience will be considered
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, MSWord, MSProject)
• Good organisational skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Experience with airbag systems or associated trim an advantage