Senior Automation Engineer
Oil & Gas
Qatar - Other
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is a state owned petroleum company in Qatar, who operates all oil and gas activities in Qatar, including exploration, production, refining, transport, and storage.
Primary Purpose of the Job
Responsible for the effective maintenance and support of the Process Control Automation Systems which includes different types and models of Fire Control systems (FCS), Emergency Shutdown systems (ESD), Distribution Control systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and SCADA system from various Original Equipment Manufactures (OEM's) and associated interfaces to operate, control and monitor the process facilities for hydrocarbon production on field.
1.Develop and implement the quality maintenance procedures for preventive and corrective maintenance of Process Control Automation systems in compliance with international standards, OEM's Guidelines, client maintenance strategy, policies and procedures for control and safety of Oil & Gas facilities at Fields.
2. Coordinate, direct and provide technical and functional support to the team of Technicians to perform cost effective maintenance on the Process Control Automation systems to operate, control and monitor the process facilities for hydrocarbon production.
3. Inspect and review Process Control Automation systems based on recurring problems, control efficiency, obsolescence, safety, life expectancy the latest and new releases from OEM's and proactively initiate the required upgrades and modernization of the control systems to ensure zero tolerance on safety, efficiency and operational performance.
4. Provide technical and functional support and factory acceptance testing (FAT) signD off with the installation and commissioning for modification, upgrades and expansion on the Process Control Automation systems in compliance with international engineering standards, ISA, IEC, API, ANSI, NFPA etc and client policies and procedures.
5. Coordinate and strictly adhere to the preventive maintenances on the ESD and F&G systems for health and performance checks as per the TUV guidelines and recommendations to meet the assigned SIL classifications.
6. Propose the appropriate technical training for the staff responsible for the maintenance and support of the Process Control Automation systems to ensure the safe and efficient performance of process facilities for hydrocarbon production.
7. Perform regular monthly reviews, software backups, update passwords and maintain license agreements of the Process Control Automation systems to ensure the operational reliability and performance of the control systems.
8. Contribute towards the technical evaluation of Vendors during the tendering process and awarding of contracts and follow up, monitor the maintenance and support contract for the various Process Control Automation systems.
9. Review and monitor stock and spare parts levels of existing Process Control Automation systems and perform technical evaluation on quotations for the selection of new models to ensure compliance with business requirements.
10. Prepare and submit the budget proposal to the Supervisor for the routine operating, non-routine operating, capital works, manpower, transport, service equipment and office equipments for the operating area.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Electronics /Instrumentation /Control Systems or equivalent.
2. Minimum (12) twelve years working experience in the maintenance of various modern Process Control Automation systems from recognized OEM's in Oil and Gas Industries. Minimum of (5) years in an Engineering Supervisory capacity.
3. Specialised working knowledge and experience in Process Control Automation systems such as FCS, DCS, ESD and PLC's from various recognized Vendors in the Hydrocarbon Industry.
4. Good exposure to the technical and business aspects of maintenance.
5. Good exposure to Project Management principles and practices.
6. Excellent managerial skill to lead the team of Technicians.
7. Exceptional communication skills in English, both oral and written, as well as good interpersonal, presentation and documentation skills. Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the orga