Senior CAD Engineer - 30984
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
ADAS Functional CAD Engineer
- Working within a team of highly skilled Engineers, the Functional CAD Engineer will be responsible for carrying out studies on the ADAS components (e.g. cameras, ultrasonic, radars etc), to determine how they are packaged into the client vehicles
- Understand and apply vehicle attitude (ride height and loading) deltas and their impact on the sensor software feature set
- Analyse surrounding vehicle geometry's impact on noise and performance degradation e.g. obstructions in Field of View, taking tolerances into account
- Liaising and negotiating with component suppliers and Attribute teams e.g. Design and COCs (Centre of Competences) such as Electrical, Body systems. Chassis, etc. to solve detection zone issues with the sensing technologies
- Presentation of studies in Senior Project reviews will be required
The successful candidate may, occasionally need to visit other JLR sites in the West Midlands or Liverpool
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Experience in the clients CAD tools (TCe, CATIA v5 [certified] and iPLM) and ability to carry out complex CAD vehicle packaging and tolerance studies
2. Successful data driven negotiation, within an Engineering environment
3. Experience in coordinating, presenting and reporting package feasibility and status at Engineering and Senior Management Project reviews.
Minimum 5 years experience in vehicle component packaging. Fully Catia v5 /Tce trained. Self starter in carrying out complex data analysis, including tolerance studies and experience of completing decision making matrices and negotiating, to achieve the best Engineering solution. Also have the ability to understand and discuss the functional requirements for each sensor and regular presentation in Engineering and Senior Project Reviews and resolution of technical issues on time and within cost and weight budgets.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
Experience in packaging Electrical/Electronics components on vehicles
Trained in AVA modelling