Our Client is an International Company involved in the supply of Energy globally. Their Operations cover Exploration, Production and Downstream and at present they have projects in over 30 Countries worldwide.In Australia they are involved in one of the Country's largest LNG Projects, including both Gas and Condensate which is currently in Construction Stage.
We are now searching for an experienced Senior Commercial Advisor to join our Client's site based team in Darwin. The role is responsible for providing sound commercial and contractual advice and administers resolution of CORs, CO's, potential claims, Contract Amendments and any other EPC related work as directed.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Evaluate, analyse and review CORs submitted by Contractor and prepare Company clarifications and/ or correspondence with input from associated Company stakeholders as needed.
* Negotiate CORs and claims with Contractor to achieve resolution
* Undertake detailed commercial and cost analysis of CORs
* Prepare CO's, attachments and supporting paperwork including Recommendation for Variation forms as required and obtain internal Company approval
* As required prepare letters setting out Company position following evaluation of CORs and claims
* Be responsible for obtaining Contractor sign off of agreed CO's.
* Take a lead role in reviewing the content of CORs with applicable Company Contracts Engineers and package technical and management personnel
* Provide advice, prepare brief's, business cases and input into resolution of claims and COR's
* Liaise as necessary with Legal to obtain advise on CORs
* Obtain buy-in from senior management and commercial counterparts.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* 10 years plus experience in Project Contracts/Project Services, particularly in Structural Steel Fabrication as well as Mechanical, Electrical and Construction, ideally LNG - Brown and Greenfields.
* Experience with evaluation and analysis of claims and change orders and variations
* Possess strong relationship skills and be a good team player.
* Be conversant in multi-discipline (trade) construction contracts, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Scaffolding and the like.
* Direct supervisory experience (desirable).
* Familiar with using contract administration systems.
* Experience with claim resolution and early development of negotiation strategies.
* Good communication skills and the ability to prepare and present reports both internally and externally.
* Ready to adopt a flexible work approach.
* Self-motivated and able to work without supervision.
* Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.