Senior Construction Project Engineer
Oil & Gas
12 month rolling contract
This vacancy has now expired.
• Senior Construction Project Engineer. Principal construction management representative in the Pipeline Management Team office in Baku, accountable for providing support to the pipeline construction works in accordance with HSSE and quality requirements, and in line with the schedule and budget.
• Management/coordination responsibilities in Engineering, Procurement and Construction; with specific interface responsibility on behalf of Construction team for Brownfield works and Land Management
• Act as project Contract Accountable Manager for a number of critical construction contracts.
• Based primarily in Project Management offices (Baku) however requirement to spend extended periods (up to 2 weeks) at camp locations in Azerbaijan
• Participation in Pipeline contract management and subcontract coordination.
• Act as single point of contact for coordination of readiness review and Go No-Go process in Azerbaijan
• Deputise as required for the Azerbaijan Construction Manager during periods of leave
• Provision of construction and technical support during the Execute stages of the Client Project Pipelines work,.
• Management and coordination of General Support and Civils Services contracts.
• Personal commitment to achieve excellence in workplace health and safety. Promoting safety awareness within all areas of the site/field organisation.
• Participate in the management of the contractors for the pipeline and related works.
• Participate in development of the construction strategies, schedules, and execution planning
• Work with the engineering group, interface with others in construction, commissioning & operations, and contractors’ management teams to ensure project requirements are met and delivered on time.
• Participate in the identification and management of the interfaces between Pipeline and Early Works construction, Facilities construction, the EPMS contractor, and other parties involved in project construction activity.
• Ensure that lessons learned are considered in construction.
• Anticipate and identify adverse trends/events throughout the construction period and work with the relevant parties to avoid them or achieve timely resolution
• Participate in weekly construction progress meetings with construction contractors and PMT
• Participate in the Constructability programme and implementation of constructability recommendations and principles in the field.
• Participate in coordinating and working with contractors in completion of detailed execution plans, site procedures, and schedules during the pre-mobilization planning periods in the construction contractor’s in-country offices.
• Manage readiness review process for temporary facilities on behalf of PMT.
• Support the delivery manager with construction input to land management aspects, including guidance on standards, SoW, and duration
• Support the delivery manager with interface to the Company Operations team to ensure timely review/approval of EPMS documentation to aid approval of EPMS contractor’s Brownfield construction permits.
• Review contractor’s method statements and recommend modification or approval as appropriate.
• Oversee the pipeline unexploded ordnance clearance contract and operations
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• University Degree in Engineering. (Alternative qualifications can be considered with relevant experience).
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in Oil and Gas Construction involving:-
o Experience of large diameter buried Onshore pipelines construction
o Experience of Onshore gas processing, transportation and loading/offloading terminals construction
o Experience of a senior safety role in related industries
o Familiarity with International Standards which form the basis for project specifications
o Familiarity with the Client pipeline detail design development
o Experience of planning for a major pipeline and facilities construction project
o Experience of risk management process for a major construction project
o Experience of Task Risk Assessment, HAZID and HAZCON
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Desired, but not mandatory, experience includes:
o Experience in managing construction sites in remote, camp environments
o Experience in the Republic of Georgia, Azerbaijan, Turkey and/or Former Soviet Union
o Construction Health and Safety management experience
o Experience with Company project management systems, permit to work system and gate process