The largest manufacturing site by volume of products. Scotland's only crude oil refinery and produces the bulk of fuels used in Scotland.
The purpose of the role:
To champion the process of E&I reliability improvement across the refinery.
To develop the capability of personnel in reliability improvement activities associated with electrical equipment and instrumentation so that a culture of continuous improvement is achieved at all levels. As an electrical/instrument subject matter expert, to provide electrical and instrumentation expertise to the refinery.
* Provide expert and proactive resource to the refinery teams to deliver electrical and instrument integrity and reliability improvement across all the refinery assets.
* Champion key reliability improvement processes and KPIs across the Refinery (eg vulnerability management, equipment criticality), to ensure the processes are owned by the respective area and are being delivered consistently to the required standard.
* Ensure that major electrical & instrumentation vulnerabilities have been identified and plans are in place and being progressed to address the availability losses from these issues, this will include leading the delivery of solutions to eliminate a proportion of the vulnerabilities.
* The job holder will be the Refinery SME for several aspects of electrical and instrumentation engineering and management, supporting the relevant TA(s) with the review, updating, implementation and auditing of the relevant GMP's and standards, being recognized as an expert and champion.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Professional Engineering Degree or Equivalent and Chartered Status
* 15 years experience covering all aspects of the life-cycle for a wide range of electrical equipment and machinery, ideally associated with the Oil and Gas industry
* Specialist knowledge within the field of electrical engineering and instrumentation, demonstrating a thorough understanding and application of the discipline within this environment.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.