Senior Electronics Engineer
Power & Energy
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is a Global Research and Development engineering group and one of the world’s largest electronics manufacturers.
You will design Electronic systems from component to system level. Working with a team of engineers you will deliver optimised solutions to meet the requirements of the business and customers.
This role includes leadership, technical decision making whilst still enabling you to be personally involved in the design of products and technology research. You will be the technical interface to the product managers and to customers, allowing you to further develop your career. We will provide training opportunities and the culture of continuous personal development. All we need now is you to:
• Lead the Electronics research and development with a team of Mechanical, and Software Engineers through product design / technology investigations.
• Research, specify, design and document electronic products – This will include detailed electronic design, selection of components, and an understanding of metrology (ultrasonic measurement systems for gas), mechanical and software.
• Design battery powered microprocessor systems, RF communications (ZigBee, wireless M bus), interfaces power supplies and high accuracy, low noise signal conditioning.
• Definition of design validation test plans, testing of your designs to ensure that the product complies with the specification and regulations.
• Technical support during the validation process. You will be able to analyse failures to root cause, then design updates to the product to ensure compliance of product.
• Work with the design manager to plan timeline and budget for projects.
• Ensure that your team works efficiently to meet deadlines.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Minimum BEng/ BSc in electrical / electronic engineering.
• Significant experience in an engineering design and testing environment.
• Strong technical knowledge of electronics systems/components, and relevant experience in the design of high volume products.
• Experience of designing electronic systems – low power microprocessors, data acquisition and power supplies.
• Design for EMC, Design for Test and Design for high volume Manufacture.
• Understanding of mechanical packaging, and environmental considerations.
• Proven experience of whole lifecycle development
• Experience of the use of statistical tools for the demonstration of product and design robustness and capability (6σ, Cpk, DFSS, etc…)
• Business acumen, the ability to understand business needs as well as technical needs of the project.
• Experience of working and testing against global product standards, i.e. IEC, EN, MID
• Positive “Can-Do” attitude and the motivation to make a big difference in the business