Senior Environmental Advisor
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
From small brownfield services contracts to mega greenfield projects, our Client has the skills and technologies to address all challenges.Our Client is the biggest engineering company in Australia and they are a key provider of professional services to the energy, resource, and complex process industries with a Global reach and prescence spanning many decades.
An opportunity has become available for a Senior Environmental Advisor to join this downstream team, the role will be based FIFO to Onslow. In this role you will be responsible for the following:
HES Assurance and Foster collaborative culture for improvements:
• Plan and direct assurance activities to confirm that Contractor and Subcontractors are meeting expectations related to HES in areas such as performance reporting, maintaining risk registers, conducting audits, and incident reporting and investigation.
• Ensure Contractor is executing phase 4 HES plans and procedures and is positioned to deliver an Incident & Injury-Free culture and world class performance.
• Work collaboratively with the contractor’s EHS team, foster and maintain strong teamwork with all respective EHS teams.
Environmental Compliance Assurance:
• Assure that activities on site align with applicable Australian regulatory requirements and/or guidance.
• Utilize experience/knowledge of Australian requirements and Project procedures to assure that site activities are compliant, and share specific requirements/guidance as appropriate to facilitate project improvements, specifically with execution.
HES Risk Mitigation
• Ensure HES risks are identified and properly mitigated.
• Ensure implementation of appropriate processes on the Owner’s Team side, and assure implementation of ZAP Management Plans and ES&H plans and procedures.
• Work closely with site team to achieve overall project OE/HES objectives.
Zero Accident Plus:
• Support Incident and Injury Free culture on the project construction scope, consistent with Zero Accident Plus plans developed in parallel with the EPC Contractor.
• Collaborations and engagement skills are paramount for the Project to succeed.
The majority of your work day will be spent in the field to observe site activities and assure alliance with plans and procedures - key observations and opportunities for improvement to be shared with the respective team lead.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
In order to be considered for this role you will have at least 10 years plus experience in a similar role with a Oil & Gas organisation.