Senior Environmental Consultant
Oil & Gas
Our team of environment specialists offers clients expertise in air quality, impact analysis and permitting, environmental health and safety management consulting/due diligence, remediation services (site investigation, management and remediation) and construction/site restoration, specialty and emerging technologies, waste services and water and natural resources.
The Senior Environmental Consultant role is situated in the AECOM Thailand Remediation Services (RS) team. The Senior Environmental Consultants role will include project management for individual projects and small portfolio’s, both in Thailand and supporting regional portfolio’s, delivering them to a high degree of technical quality within agreed timeframes. The Senior Environmental Consultant will also manage and maintain financial targets and maintain positive client satisfaction in the delivery of projects. You will provide cost estimates to clients based on portfolio contract rates and or individual project cost estimates.
As a senior professional in the RS team you will manage and direct professional and technical staff on the day to day execution of projects, providing support, guidance and motivation for the team members to complete their work effectively and within expected timelines.
You will liaise closely with the RS team manager in managing the team workload, financial performance and projecting project resourcing needs to higher management on a regular basis. You will work with the RS team manager and regional management in identifying opportunities and clients. You will also act as the primary point of contact between key account clients and AECOM, proactively working with clients to achieve delivery of their projects.
The role is based primarily in the AECOM Bangkok office, but will require travel for projects within Thailand, and occasionally supporting larger projects or portfolio’s in the Asia region.
An understanding or knowledge of statistics, as applied to environmental data, together with data management systems or GIS will be advantageous to execute the role effectively, but not essential.
• Manage projects including preparation and supervision of all deliverables and resources to meet contract requirements in line with project plans.
• Development of project Health and Safety Plans, Job Safety Analysis etc;
• Maintain regular contact with clients and regulators to identify client needs, regulatory issues and trends.
• Develop and maintain positive relationship with clients to enhance client retention and growth.
• Maximize efficiencies through proactive management and scheduling of staff and project resources to ensure on time and on budget delivery.
• Undertake sections of multi-faceted projects in collaboration with senior staff.
• Provide technical expertise to resolve clients / project requirements and ensure maintenance of high technical standards.
• Prepare reports, proposals, tender documents and regular client correspondence.
• Undertake project invoicing and cash flow management.
• Assist in the development and implementation of strategies for RS team and business growth.
• Undertake peer review of technical and editorial content of deliverables both in Thai and English
• Undertake ad hoc project related tasks as required which may include; studies and assessments, data analysis, technical writing, presentations, and legislation research
• Effectively communicate in a professional manner with internal and external stakeholders including, AECOM management, project staff, subcontractors, suppliers, clients and the community to enhance working relationships and outcomes
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
As a Senior Environmental Consultant, you are expected to have and/or demonstrate:
• A passion for growth and independent learning to achieve your goals;
• A focused health and safety mindset;
• Demonstrable time and task management and strong communication and negotiation skills with team members and clients;
• 8 to 10 years industry experience in contaminated land assessment and management, preferably working within a consulting environment;
• A relevant University Degree/s in geology, hydrogeology, geochemistry, environmental science or environmental engineering;
• Experience in:
o The assessment, management and remediation of greenfield and brownfield sites;
o Project management including proactive task planning, management and financial tracking;
o Supervising and oversight of field teams and subcontractors;
o Effective data management and interpretation skills, including review and checking of delivered data for quality control purposes in accordance with DQO standa