Oil & Gas
Netherlands - Other
1 year renewable
Our client is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies.
Performs expediting activities in accordance with Project Procurement and Functional Expediting Procedures. Ensures the timely delivery of materials and equipment to meet project needs. Provides assistance to the Expediting Supervisor for the input and assessment of project job-hour and monetary budgets.
This role reports to and receives operational direction from the project Expediting Supervisor and receives functional guidance from the Expediting Manager.
This role at times provide work direction for Expediting Specialists
• Coordinates expediting activities with project management, project procurement, engineering, construction, startup, planning and scheduling, area expediting, and others assigned to the project team.
• Maintains relationships with suppliers at operational levels to monitor the progress of material and equipment orders.
• Coordinates with area expediting personnel assigned to perform project visits.
Essential Job Duties:
• Participates in the planning, staffing, and budgeting of project and area expediting operations. Monitors expenditure of project and area expediting job-hours and costs to ensure operations are within budget.
• Represents Expediting at project team meetings.
• Distributes workload to assigned project expeditors according to the experience and ability of the expeditor, the degree of complexity of the work and the urgency of the need for action.
• Assists when requested in conducting annual performance reviews of the Expediting Specialists on the project.
• Reviews area expediting assignments prepared by project expeditors and area expediting reports prepared by area expediting personnel for content, completeness and appropriateness.
• Conducts job familiarization and orientation for newly assigned expediting personnel and provides on-the-job training for the expediting team.
• Contacts suppliers to obtain timely submission of engineering data, and to follow-up on material acquisition, production progress and shipment.
• Evaluates production schedules and progress reports from suppliers to determine if their programs and work progress meet jobsite requirements.
• Compiles data needed to prepare the critical items reports or other supplementary reports as required. Coordinates the accumulation of data from project expediters and issues reports for the expediting group.
• Coordinates with planning and scheduling, field material coordinators or jobsite project expeditors and construction to establish priorities, sequences, and required delivery dates and instructs suppliers accordingly.
• Expedites Client engineering for the timely review, approval, and return of engineering data submitted by suppliers.•Monitors area expediting assignments, reviews expediting reports, and takes corrective action on problems identified in the reports.
• Updates Client Procurement System and Supplier Performance Database in a timely manner.
• Obtains copies of supplier’s orders for material, performs sub-supplier expediting, where necessary, and works closely with supplier quality representatives to ensure awareness of materials subject to quality performance and their locations of manufacture.
• Participates in pre- and post-award meetings to review and discuss schedules and potential problem areas that may impact required shipment dates.
• Coordinates shipping arrangements or tracking requests with the project traffic representative.
• Reviews material receiving reports against shipping documents to verify that material has been received at jobsite. Assists in tracing missing material.
• Subject to project requirements, monitors the issuance of material requisitions, and other project and procurement actions affecting material deliveries.
• Assists in the development of project specific expediting procedures with the Expediting Supervisor and Project Procurement Manager.
• Prepares supplier evaluations for input into the Global Supplier Information System.
When assigned to jobsite:
• Maintains continuing contact with the office project expediting staff to exchange information about jobsite requirements and current order status.
• Attends construction coordination meetings, coordinates with construction, planning and scheduling, jobsite engineers, and other field procurement staff to ensure that field material requirements receive timely attention and follow-up action.
• Coordinates customs clearance (where required) of critical material and equipment with traffic and logistic representatives.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Proficient in interpreting schedules to ensure that realistic milestones are established, that required activities occur on time, and that interface between activities is maintained. ICSS Experience is a Must.
• Skilled in oral and written communication skills regarding technical and production matters with both project and supplier personnel.
• Possesses a minimum of 2,000 hours of shop expediting experience, significant experience in project expediting or other procurement related function.
• Familiar with how to develop expediting budgets.
• Thorough understanding of Traffic & Logistics and Supplier Quality processes.
• Proficient with Client Procurement Systems and Supplier Performance Database data input. Skilled in the use of the expediting module, and knowledge of other procurement modules.
Familiar with developing and tracking metrics.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
ICSS experience required