Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client one of the largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies in Europe. They are looking for a pragmatic, multi tasking individual, to support onshore development activities, specifically working on their East African operations.
Main job focus:
• Review available data to build a geological understanding of the assets in Central/East Africa area
• Build geological models across the range of potential outcomes for these areas
• Quantify, describe and communicate key risks and uncertainties in these fields
• To assist in the preparation of field development plans and assist in discussions with Government and Partners
• To lead the planning of development well drilling, including definition and oversight of data gathering and surveillance programs.
• The position is focused on operated assets, however work on non-operated assets may be required
• Geological modelling
• Volumetric and uncertainty calculations
• Development planning and documentation in FDPs
• Well planning and surveillance
• Specialized Geological Analysis
• Integrating subsurface studies to optimise field development
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Strong influencing skills
• Must be able to demonstrate an overall understanding of all geoscience disciplines, and potential to integrate multi-disciplinary data
• Experience in application Petrel is required
• Understanding and exposure to geophysical and petrophysical interpretation is an advantage
• Familiarity with uncertainty quantification and risk identification is essential
• International exposure to project work with multi-disciplinary teams
• Field Development planning experience in a developments environment essential
• Experience of onshore developments is preferred
• Well planning and operational experience is desirable.
• Should have commercial awareness to compliment fit-for-purpose development planning.
• Mentoring and training junior staff