Senior Planner P6 Telecoms
Power & Energy
This vacancy has now expired.
The client is a leader within the Automation and Control Systems field with operations in 100 countries worldwide. They specialise in providing integrated solutions to the Transmission and Distribution and Oil & Gas industry with projects offshore and overseas.
The Senior Planner’s role is to develop project plans that give visibility of project status at all times. The project plan will encompass the engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning of controls and telecoms systems.
This will be achieved by liaising with all stakeholders to develop logic driven, fully resourced and cost loaded plans that identify key interfaces and are prepared at an appropriate level of detail for effective control.
The preparation and distribution of appropriate progress reports, plans, histograms, EVM analyses and projections. These will provide project teams and managers information at a suitable level of detail to enable them to manage effectively.
• Develop logic driven, fully resourced and cost loaded plans
• Resource capacity analysis
• Reporting resource utilisation and capacity
• Predicting and progressing plan look-ahead
• Advising the Project Manager and project teams on plan progress
• Monthly and weekly reporting
• Monthly and weekly plan updating
• Maintaining records in sufficient detail to enable an accurate account of contract history
• Liaison with suppliers, contractors, engineering and other internal departments
• Assess impact of changes and risks in terms of plan key dates, deliverables and costs
A key aspect of the Senior Planners role and responsibilities is the willingness to get involved in establishing and recommending changes when required to the project delivery philosophy.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Planning of complex engineering projects
Planning of electrical and instrument/telecoms installation
MS Office (Excel essential)
HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline
Accurate and timely
Capable of working successfully in a team of technical experts
Able to communicate at all levels within the team both verbally and in writing.