Our client is a recognised leader in the global nuclear sector with 50 years history of successful nuclear project execution and global expertise and local delivery with 40 sites around the world.
The Senior Process Engineer will integrate operational engineering multi-disciplines teams delivering projects at various phases, from FEED to commissioning, or in assistance to Plant Operation in the UK.
The assignments will be on projects:
- Deliver and manage technical studies.
- Design of chemical processes, from strategic and conceptual phases to detailed design and construction & commissioning phase support. Typical deliverables will be issued: technical note, substantiation notes, process flow diagrams, process flow-sheets (chemical and radiological), P&IDs, specifications for instrumentation, automations, equipment and sampling, hazards and malfunctions management,
- Technical studies related to waste management: waste retrieval and conditioning, waste route and final package, definition of best options and techniques available, and overall decontamination, decommissioning and dismantling strategies, technologies and processes,
- Technical networking within the company Fuel Cycle, including Decommissioning & Demolition experts.
- The individual will have at least 5 years' experience and a relevant Master degree. They will also have worked on UK nuclear sites with a strong knowledge of UK regulations on waste. They will have a strong ability to deliver commercially efficient solutions.
- In return, our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package (pensions and Healthcare scheme).
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Degree in Chemical or Process Engineering, or other relevant degree,
- Member of relevant professional body,
- Demonstrable experience of engineering design (development, FEED, detailed design, technical specification, documentation review from supply chain) and engineering team management in the nuclear industry or other regulated sectors,
- Demonstrable experience of waste management (retrieval and conditioning processes for interim or long-term storage) and of liquid and gas treatment processes,
- Recognised Subject Matter Expert (SME),
- Experience of delivering D&D projects for Sellafield or Magnox sites (desirable).
- Ability to understand complex issues and deliver solutions,
- Good communicator, team player and leader,
- Good organisation skills,
- Effective integration with multiple teams and the overall project,
- Quality and results oriented.
To apply, you must have the right to work in UK.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.