Senior Project Engineer
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
1. Job Purpose & Scope:
1. To provide effective direction and co-ordination of activities for the assigned Projects and to report on performance to PMT Management with respect to delivery of the services.
2. Responsible for all management aspects, and the day-to-day work allocation and supervision, of the PMT group and the liaison with the office locations for Engineering delivery and resource support.
3. To provide leadership in the development and implementation of PMT processes, procedures and systems operating within the assigned Projects.
4. To ensure the Project group is resourced with the correct disciplines and size to deliver PMT services for the assigned Projects.
2. Principal Accountabilities:
1. Aligning Project objectives with Client expectations
2. Direction of Project dedicated personnel responsible for HSE, security, quality, engineering, construction/commissioning, project engineering, sub-contract management and business services, including, planning, cost control and information management. Ensuring that clear goals are set for all Project personnel and these are aligned to Client requirements.
3. Ensuring that personnel resources are sufficient and competent to safely execute the work.
4. Initiate and manage continuous improvement processes for the assigned Projects.
5. Establish effective communication interfaces with the Client, sub-contractors, and others for all areas of the assigned Projects.
6. Establish cost, progress management reporting methods and procedures consistent with Client requirements and ensure delivery in a timely manner.
7. Arrange PMT co-ordination meetings on a regular basis.
8. Issue progress and information reports as required. Receive and distribute to Project team all relevant communications with adequate guidance where action by others is required.
9. Lead initiatives for cost saving and business efficiency improvements to deliver optimum commercial performance to the Client.
10. Ensure that the Project work execution plan, HSE plan, and Quality plan are developed/integrated and implemented in full.
11. Functional management ensuring systems are in place to manage holidays, expenses, and training and performance evaluation.
12. Select all temporary and permanent appointments for PMT personnel for Client approval.
13. Identifying areas of concern with respect to progress of the Project, recommending corrective actions wherever required and executing when directed by the Client.
14. Provide input to PMT forums, discussion groups, new initiatives etc. as required.
15. Participate in the development of Faithful and Gould initiatives and procedures.
16. Participate as part of the Overall PMT in developing initiatives and applying effective management of the assigned Projects
17. Regularly review and assist in the updating of the PMT Procedures and Standards.
18. Participate and undertake Technical and Safety Audits within the Project.
3. Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts)
1. Faithful and Gould Key Personnel.
2. PMT Project group
3. PMT Construction Team.
4. PMT HSEQ Group
5. PMT Engineers
6. General Engineering Services Contractors and EPC Contractors Engineering and Project Management personnel.
7. Faithful and Gould regional management team.
4. Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
1. Able to work within a defined role with limited supervision
2. Able to make decisions and solve problems related to a specific discipline/field.
3. Responsible for own work product with minimal guidance and oversight from immediate supervisor
4. Establishes credibility with peers and supervisors and makes good use of their time
5. Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
5. Minimum Requirements:
1. B.Sc. (Eng).
2. Minimum fifteen years post graduate experience.
3. Minimum ten years experience in the oil & gas industry.
4. Minimum five years experience in the designation.
5. Functional management, leadership and teambuilding skills.
6. Good written and verbal communication skills.
7. Cultural awareness.