Our client is an Engineering Services company, who are an international technical consultancy, providing a range of services including licence to operate, asset management, manufacturing improvement and capital investment to customers in the chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and consumer industries worldwide
Lead the execution of medium-size to large and moderately complex projects and ensure that all related activities are performed in accordance with policy, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments.
1. Project leadership Leads the project team, establishes the project execution approach and
oversees project hand-over, execution planning, and monitoring and control activities for both internal and external resources to accomplish all project goals.
2. Planning and scheduling Defines, jointly with Project Controls department, all project plan
documents, including scope and financial plans, schedule and risk management plans.
3. Project execution and control Ensures that the project follows execution best practices and policies.
Effectively monitors and controls project progress and efficient resource utilization. Monitors and controls project financials, overseeing project invoicing status, cost, expenses and cash flow. Identifies, qualifies, quantifies and manages project risks, and ensures that all opportunities are identified and pursued. Captures, analyzes and shares lessons learned throughout the project. Ensures that the project is formally closed out, as contractually agreed. Drives the formal acceptance of the project, contract close-out and its acknowledgement by the customer.
4. Contract, claims and procurement management
Ensures that the project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with policies and contractual agreements. Coordinates with Supply Chain Management, and successfully procures all required services, materials and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers. Supports Supply Chain Management in supplier negotiations, claims and project changes.
5. Stakeholder relations Acts as the key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project
issues. Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicates with all stakeholders.
6. Health, safety and environment (HSE)
Ensures the project follows and complies with company health, safety, and environmental policies.
7. People leadership and development
Coaches and provides feedback for project staff.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* ONC level (or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline - Electrical or Mechanical.
* Computer literacy - Minimum Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* Recognised Health, Safety and Environmental qualification, IOSH, NEBOSH or similar.
* Extensive knowledge of CDM.
* Demonstrable knowledge/experience of project management principles.
* Experience of developing, leading and motivating a multi-disciplinary project team
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.