Senior Software Engineer
Power & Energy
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is a Global Research and Development engineering group and one of the world’s largest electronics manufacturers.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will provide technical leadership and ownership for the design of advanced automated test systems. You will design software systems from component to system level. Working with a team of engineers you will deliver optimised solutions to meet the requirements of the business and customers.
This role includes leadership, technical decision making whilst still enabling you to be personally involved in the design of products and technology research. You will be the technical interface to the product managers and to customers, allowing you to further develop your career. We will provide training opportunities and the culture of continuous personal development. All we need now is you to:
• Lead the research and development with a team of Software, Mechanical, Electronic and Engineers through product design / technology investigations.
• Research, specify, design and document embedded microprocessor systems – This will include an understanding of electronic design and metrology (ultrasonic measurement systems for gas).
• Writing firmware for low powered microprocessor systems, RF coms (ZigBee, wireless M bus).
• Definition of design validation test plans, of your firmware to ensure that the product complies with the specification and regulations.
• Technical support during the validation process. You will be able to analyse failures to root cause, then design updates to the product to ensure compliance of product.
• Work with the design manager to plan timeline and budget for projects.
• Ensure that your team works efficiently to meet deadlines.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Minimum BEng/ BSc in software / electronic engineering.
• Significant experience in an engineering design and testing environment.
• Strong technical knowledge of embedded software development.
• In depth knowledge and experience of C
• Working knowledge of C++
• Experience of Assembly language
• Experience of using electronic test equipment i.e. Oscilloscopes, Logic analysers, protocol analysers.
• Use of a software version control system.
• Proven experience of whole lifecycle development
• Experience of the use of statistical tools for the demonstration of product and design robustness and capability (6σ, Cpk, DFSS, etc…)
• Good team player with Experience of leading other engineers
• Effective communicator and strong technical documentation skills.
• Flexible and adaptable, able to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
• Business acumen, the ability to understand business needs as well as technical needs of the project.
• Experience of working and testing against gl
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Experience of agile software development
• Experience of circuit board design
• Experience of control systems
• Experience of RF and Microwave circuits
• Not afraid to question
• A passion for learning.