Senior Software Engineer
Wales - Newport
6 months renewable
makes the freedom of flight possible by designing, manufacturing and supporting the world’s best aircraft. Its people around the globe are united by a passion for aviation, as well as their desire to create better, more efficient ways for airlines and passengers to fly.
MUST BE SECURITY CLEARED THAT IS TRANSFERABLE
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible to the Head of Software Engineering for executing allocated Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified legislative and customer requirements, by
• Analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown
• Preparing software architectural and detailed design UML Models and documentation
• Generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design
• Controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists)
• Integration of software onto the target platform
• Providing software technical support
• Supporting the company software process and procedure updates
• Success of both internal and external design reviews and project reviews throughout the development life cycle.
• The support of the design and development of critical components where decisions may have a significant impact on project timescales.
• Customer liaison, by representing Airbus Defence and Space on project related technical matters at Stakeholder meetings.
• Design and Development by taking a technical role as a Prime on a critical component where necessary.
• The primary focus of the job is Operational - delivery of project funded Work Packages.
• Analytical – To identify and isolate errors in the product or system, their likely causes and solutions.
• Ingenuity – To work on his/her own on a complete design from concept to delivery, possibly across multiple projects.
• Must have experience of software design & implementation for secure data or voice network communications equipment
• Must be familiar with process driven software development
• Must have experience of the full project lifecycle.
• Must be an experienced engineer, fully versed in software methodologies for their field able to work on their own, but providing regular reporting.
• Implementation of LINUX software in C and including Kernel drivers and Embedded ARM
• Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills
• Must have a good understanding of requirements capture, and of work package definition and estimation
• Experience of Requirements Management
• Experience of software implementation of data or voice network protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, VOIP)
• Experience of using one or more of the following tools/development environments: Eclipse, GCC, GIT, SVM
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
For further information or to discuss any opportunities, Contact David Hogan at Fircroft on + 44 1925 281 478