Senior Subsea Project Engineer (U&DS)
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is a Global Operator in the Oil and Gas Industry.
Full Title: Subsea Project Engineer - Umbilicals & Distribution
Location: London (Project Team)
Travel: Europe/USA (SPS/Umbilical EPC Facilities) & West Africa (Installation & HUC)
• The Subsea Project Engineer will be responsible for the planning, development and execution of the complete/part subsea scope of work on a development/project together with the associated interface management. This role will work closely with the SPS, URF and FPSO Engineering teams to ensure a high level of system integrity and operability is delivered and can be maintained throughout the life of the field.
Responsibilities / Key Objectives:
• Responsible for subsea planning, design and execution activities
• Provides subsea input to facilities and well engineering delivery teams
• Risk Management and EHS activities to ALARP standards
• Ensures that all subsea engineering activities comply with company standards and governmental regulations
• Prepares budgets and AFE level cost estimates for subsea activities
• Provides management direction and support to subsea completions and intervention activities
• Provide offshore supervision for subsea activities
• Responsible for all contractor interfacing
• Responsible for the specification of subsea equipment and services requirements in accordance with Company procedures
• Ensures that all work within the area of responsibility are adequately documented and lessons learned are captured for the benefit of future operations worldwide
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Education: Masters/Bachelors degree in a relevant engineering discipline
• Minimum of 7 years experience as a subsea project engineer with operating companies, 12 years total subsea facilities experience.
• Extensive knowledge of subsea equipment and installation procedures
• Extensive knowledge of steel tubed/thermoplastic static and riser umbilicals and flying leads
• Significant subsea experience within the last two years in water depths greater than 800 meters
• Demonstrated SPS/URF technical responsibility and commercial awareness with deepwater developments
• Developed technical/engineering management and interpersonal skills with the capability to lead a small team of up to 7 people
• Awareness and sensitivity to multinational exposures and cultures
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Excellent verbal, written and aural communication skills
• Able to work effectively as team leader/team player
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Takes a proactive approach
• Ability to take responsibility and manage tasks through to completion
• React quickly & flexible to changing circumstances
• Use initiative to ensure issues are overcome
• Seek ways to find and apply best practice
• Adopt a pragmatic, fit for purpose approach
• Open, honest & reliable.