Senior Supply Chain Buyer
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client provides oilfield products, systems and services for customers in the oil and gas industry world-wide. The company's knowledge and technologies span from reservoir to production and through the life of a field. The company employs approximately 25 000 people in more than 30 countries. They apply the knowledge and create and use technologies that deliver their customers' solutions.
To administer the purchasing module to deliver a cost effective, timely and valued added purchasing function to all internal customers, whilst building and maintaining effective and open communications to ensure that they are informed of all procurement matters which are relevant to them. Manage, coach and monitor all aspects of procurement within the supply base in a professional and ethical manner with due regards to total acquisition cost, delivery, quality, continuous improvement and cost reduction.
• Ensure that all procedures are complied with and all actions are auditable also maintaining the highest personal, professional and ethical standards.
• Provide Guidance and coaching to the Purchasing team to support their development.
• Sourcing of suppliers and potential alternatives in accordance with relevant procurement procedures.
• Executing MRP generated requirements by way of Purchase Order.
• Managing outstanding / overdue suppliers open order book.
• Ensuring suppliers provide delivery confirmation in an accurate and timely manner.
• To establish and maintain a process for regular, effective and efficient follow-up / expediting.
• Updating of the system with delivery information from expediting reports.
• Negotiating with suppliers.
• Identify and report cost savings to Projects / Business.
• Monitoring of supplier performance via “scorecard system”.
• Lead negotiations on Purchase / Contract requirements and also on any contractual issues to ensure the best commercial terms for the Company are obtained.
• Coordinate “Supplier Continuous Improvement Programmes”.
• Establish manufacturing plans and inspection and test plans (ITP) for large expenditure items. Monitor such plans until completion of Purchase Order.
• Ensure that preventive measures and root cause analysis are in place with vendors to increase vendor quality.
• Responsible for timely and accurate monthly department reporting.
• Fulfil HSE responsibilities in line with policy’s and management system.
• Assist Supply Chain Management as required.
• Ensure agreed objectives and targets are achieved.
As necessary, perform other tasks, which require essentially the same level of skill and responsibility.
• Be able to plan and control deliveries, including return.
• Knowledge in customs, transport and handling.
• Ability to carry out kick-off meeting, change control and issue change orders, give input to procurement package follow-up plan. Be responsible for correspondence control, critical assessment, budget control, milestone payments, material release (MRD) and close out.
• Ability to establish subcontract/package strategy, long list, bidders list, short list, inquiry documents and to perform bid evaluation.
• Competency in negotiation.
• Ability to prepare SBSR and Frame Agreement/purchase order/subcontract documents.
• Ability to prepare inquiry, bid evaluation, perform pre-order, follow up/close out activity for delivery of services.
• Be able to mobilise and set up of the Procurement system and perform necessary modifications of Company procedures for project use. Use of procurement system for performance of procurement work activities.
• Ability to carry out detailed Procurement planning in accordance with PEM (Project Execution Model), involving equipment, bulk packages, logistics and supplier interface documentation, coordination of activities with Engineer and Construction.
• Performing Management: High level plan (in accordance with PEM), co-ordination, and follow up of the procurement work process of either procurement Department, PAM group or Procurement package team. Prepare procurement strategy, overall budget, procurement.
• Ability to establish high level procurement plan including strategy, define procurement packages for project, high level budgeting of total procurement, critically differentiation and scheduling, Monitor and drive procurement progress, changed control and perform reporting.
• Ability to implement and align procurement PEM and generic procedures for the project. Perform necessary project specific modifications in co-operation with corporate organisation, Prepare all project templates and forms.
• Create a network and identify resources as and when necessary.
• Ability to remain confident and professional when dealing with negative people and situations.
• Create a culture of continuous improvement.
• Provide the best solutions in terms of quality and cost.
• Be a self starter in order to achieve tasks and overcome problems as well as provide direction to others.
• Be able to evaluate situations, calculate risks whilst justifying and defending proposed solutions.
• Be proactive and enthusiastic in the work situation whilst dealing with a variety of tasks.
• Ability to lead, encourage, assist, develop trust, train and support others in order for them to meet their objectives.
• Ability to manage own work and that of the team to ensure schedule and budget
targets are understood and met.
• Must have the drive and enthusiasm to work to tight deadlines.
• Proactive, flexible and decisive with the ability to be innovative and challenging in line with Company values.
• Be accommodating and receptive to change.
• Good time-management and organisational skills.
• Confident communicator both verbally and written.
• Good contractual and commercial awareness.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Business Degree / CIPS Qualified or equivalent HNC/HND with relevant industry.
• Working knowledge in Word, Windows and Excel.
• Working knowledge in SAP.
• Demonstrable experience in purchasing.