Senior Tax Analyst
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
My Client is a global market leader among the worlds integrated energy companies - applying innovative technologies to discover and develop valuable energy resources, providing high-quality products to the marketplace to meet growing energy needs and is proud to be a part of this vital industry and has a net Income of over $3.5 billion.
1. With the mature client asset still acting as a hub in the North Sea, tax is an area of complexity and challenge for the business.
2. The job holder will be responsible for all aspects of managing these liabilities, including appropriate internal and external reporting. The job holder will also need to keep abreast of changes in the fiscal and business operating environments, so as to realise those opportunities which fit best with group commercial objectives
1. The job holder will be responsible for UK tax accounting, both for the purposes of US GAAP group reporting and for statutory reporting in the UK.
2. The job holder will be responsible for updating forecasts of UK tax and assisting with economic evaluations.
3. Tax compliance activities will include the preparation of PRT and corporation tax returns and the handling of questions from the tax authorities.
4. As a member of a small and focussed team, the job holder will provide commercial support to colleagues in the Aberdeen office and elsewhere as required. This support would include tax research, the provision of advice on the structuring of transactions and participation in commercial project negotiation teams.
5. The job holder will be expected to participate in monitoring and influencing the fiscal regime.
HESQ ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All employees share responsibility for safeguarding and promoting safety record, but there are no HESQ roles or responsibilities which are unique to this post.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY .
The job holder will have the responsibility for evaluating compliance filing positions and alternative reporting methods. In each case, the evaluation needs to be followed by a recommendation to management.
The formal line of responsibility runs within the Tax department, but the job holder will be expected to respond to the needs of the Commercial and F&A departments.
has built good relations with external professional advisers, whose expertise would continue to be drawn upon as appropriate.
The primary challenge is to analyse complex information and communicate results clearly and accurately to diverse stakeholders.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Job holder must be educated to degree level and hold a formal relevant postgraduate qualification, or else demonstrate an exceptional level of relevant work experience. Experience of UK PRT and corporation tax is essential, and the successful applicant will be organised committed and willing to learn. Experience of VAT, employment tax, international tax or transfer pricing will be taken into account.