Senior Turnaround Engineer
Oil & Gas
Our Client, a leading JV combining two of the world's major Oil Companies sits at the very heart of Saudi Arabia’s petrochemical industry producing a wide range of products using the latest cutting edge technologies
Supervises special maintenance assigned work in the turnaround area, ensures minimal disruption of production due to turnaround
1. Ensures the completion of assignments as required by the turnaround plan
2. Coordinates with other maintenance departments for specialist areas to ensure full completion of maintenance plan
3. Ensure the availability of required resources (material and manpower) to carry out all turnaround responsibilities related to the team
4. Provide direction and lead direct reports in performing their roles and responsibilities
5. Conduct performance appraisal reviews for direct reports, identify and ensure they acquire required turnaround expertise
6. Ensure day-to-day work is performed effectively, efficiently, and safely in order to increase refinery profit
7. Participates in budgeting and cost estimates for turnaround activities
8. Develop, review and update the work instructions and working procedures related to turnaround, communicate updates and instructions when required
9. Manages and motivates team within department and acts as a champion for all company policies and procedures particularly in the areas of human resources and health and safety
10. Ensures the recommendations from RCM is followed
11. Ensure the business processes and work activities, relevant to position, are executed in compliance with the company’s policy, procedures to achieve the business objectives in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
12. Communicate with area planner to make sure that the scope of work is well understand and communicated will to the contractor.
13. Ensure that execution of scope is done as per the slandered and with the best efficient way.
14. Verify the full implementation of scope of work and assume responsibility of negative variation.
15. To challenge the requirement for additional scope of work and participate in cost estimation of same.
16. To communicate all findings encountered during scope execution and suggest development plan
Workplace (WPS) and Process (PSM) Safety, Within the position holder’s area of responsibility:
• Ensure that the safety & well-being of employees, contractors, and others are always the first consideration in decisions on cost, production, quality and productivity.
• Enforce operational discipline by ensuring all workplace and process safety procedures and practices are understood and implemented in order to avoid potential WPS and PSM incidents occurring.
• Apply the Company HSE Policy; the 5 Safety Principles, and enforce the 12 Golden Safety Rules.
All relevant leading and lagging HSE KPIs Within the position holder’s area of responsibility as identified in:
• The Company HSE Business Plan
• Area SPIRIT Plans
• Site and Area HSE Dashboards
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Must have relevant refinery experience
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
Workplace Safety Management
Process Safety Management