Shift Managers (New PLA Plant)
This vacancy has now expired.
Purac in brief is a 180 workers Dutch company whose their product is Lectic Acid (from fermenting of Sugar from Tapioca) and Lectide which is the starting elements of bio plastic, cosmetics production including the food preservative. There are 5 Plants around the world: Netherlands, Thailand (biggest plant), Spain, U.S.A. Brazil.Benefits: - Basis Salary + Provident from 5% onwards + 1 month Fixed Bonus + average of 2 months variable bonus + Health Insurance for Self and family members + Lif
The Shift Manager is responsible for controlling and monitoring production activities including staff in shift as well as leading emergency response on site to ensure that targets in term of safety, quality, reliability, efficiency and cost for PLA plant are attained. Prime role and responsibilities shall include:
• Production Control
- Check and monitor quantity of raw materials and other auxiliary to ensure that are sufficient for process and comply with standard of specification.
- Manage and monitor all production activities and parameter which effects to production process to ensure that production run as the plan set and MPS target set is achieved.
- Analyze and provide solution against a problem in production process to prevent consecutive impact on other processes.
- Coordinate with Maintenance & Reliability Team regarding maintenance plan to ensure that maintenance activities prepared for production can be completed within timeline and equipment are in operational condition.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain team to firm the production schedule and communicate any deviation from the plan.
- Check and monitor production data e.g. logbook, batch reports, usage sheets, chemistry data, shop orders, etc.
- Supervise team members in shift to ensure that all process parameters are under control as plan.
- Prepare shift reports and communicate to next team on duty to ensure that necessary information is communicated effectively.
• People Management
- Manage and monitor adequacy and readiness of shift members to ensure that skilled staff on duty are enough for controlling production process.
- Monitor production team in shift to ensure that all staff are complied with company rules and regulation.
- Evaluate shift staff and conduct development in line with the plan.
- Encourage and motivate staff to involve in other production support activities.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science or equivalent field.
• 10 years' experience directly in chemical/petrochemical/plastic/bioplastic production control, of which 5 years in a supervisor/management position.
• Knowledge of DCS, Plastic/Petrochemical/Bioplastic Production Process.
• Solid skills in DCS control.
• Preferable experience in Project Management and/or commissioning, start-up experience.
• Good communicative English.
• Good skill of computer esp. MS Office programs.
• Possess functional competency set e.g. Drive for Result, Process Management, Communication, Continuous Improvement, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Leadership and Dealing with Urgency.