Our client is an innovative software and technology company dedicated to the needs of the transport industry.
Signalling Project Engineering Manager
* Applies primarily to specific Network Rail projects which require such an appointment.
* Overall responsibility on a project for all engineering activities, including inter or multi disciplinary activities. Appointment made normally only on major projects.
* May personally deliver engineering/technical work as a member of the project team
Key Elements of the role
* Accountable for all design and construction controls to ensure that they are compliant with the applicable standards, legislation, contract requirements and specifications.
* Responsible for assessing the competence and the appointment of any Project Engineers required for the project.
* Where more than one Project Engineer is appointed, responsible for defining the split of responsibilities, paying particular attention to the management of the interfaces between areas of responsibility - such as design, installation and testing activities.
* Ensuring that that all PEs have a process in place to identify and brief changes to engineering standards and processes to all relevant staff, including staff and subcontractors.
* Implementing a risk management process, in support of the maintenance of the Project Risk Register (which includes both technical and commercial risks), that:
* Identifies and where possible mitigates risk
* Implementing a technical change control process
* Ensuring that any Build/ Installation work is signed off when complete.
* May in tandem carry out Project Engineer responsibilities in own discipline.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Normally a Chartered Engineer with qualification(s) in appropriate discipline.
* Experience of dealing with sub-contractors, control systems and telecoms would be desirable.