Our client is an innovative software and technology company dedicated to the needs of the transport industry.
Signalling Tester-In-Charge (TIC)
Organise and complete the delivery of testing activities for testing of safety-critical railway signalling systems in accordance with applicable rail standards and project requirements.
* Plan, organise and ensure satisfactory completion and performance of testing for projects to satisfy customer requirements for safety, technical excellence and timescales
* Maintain awareness of and ensure adherence to relevant procedures and standards e.g. Signalling Works Testing Handbook
* Produce and gain acceptance for testing strategy for the project
* Produce and gain acceptance for Test and Commissioning plans
* Identify, manage and mitigate risks to successful testing
* Ensure that tests are defined and recorded appropriately
* Verify the competence of those testers assigned to the project testing and commissioning activities
* Sign off the testing when completed satisfactorily
Candidate must be willing to work on-site shifts in signalling control centres when required during commissioning's, with the likelihood of needing to work unsociable hours/weekends/public holidays including Xmas/New Year and Easter.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
This is a "Safety Critical" role and the following are essential to perform this role:
* IRSE Tester-in-Charge licence 1.3.190
* Completion of MOD1 course
* Good understanding of relevant procedures and standards
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
Additionally, the following are extremely desirable:
* Educated to GCSE, A-level or equivalent
* Completion of Advanced Signalling Technology course
* Work-related experience in signalling testing