Signalling Tester in Charge
Our client is an innovative software and technology company dedicated to the needs of the transport industry.
Signalling Tester-In-Charge (TIC)
Organise and complete the delivery of testing activities for testing of safety-critical railway signalling systems in accordance with applicable rail standards and project requirements.
• Plan, organise and ensure satisfactory completion and performance of testing for projects to satisfy customer requirements for safety, technical excellence and timescales
• Maintain awareness of and ensure adherence to relevant procedures and standards e.g. Signalling Works Testing Handbook
• Produce and gain acceptance for testing strategy for the project
• Produce and gain acceptance for Test and Commissioning plans
• Identify, manage and mitigate risks to successful testing
• Ensure that tests are defined and recorded appropriately
• Verify the competence of those testers assigned to the project testing and commissioning activities
• Sign off the testing when completed satisfactorily
Candidate must be willing to work on-site shifts in signalling control centres when required during commissioning’s, with the likelihood of needing to work unsociable hours/weekends/public holidays including Xmas/New Year and Easter.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
This is a “Safety Critical” role and the following are essential to perform this role:
• IRSE Tester-in-Charge licence 1.3.190
• Completion of MOD1 course
• Good understanding of relevant procedures and standards
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
Additionally, the following are extremely desirable:
• Educated to GCSE, A-level or equivalent
• Completion of Advanced Signalling Technology course
• Work-related experience in signalling testing