Develop and operate an effective Business Unit which amalgamates different departments into one efficient system.
To meet the Business' need to continually improve in all areas of performance measures, leading to reduced costs and improvements to quality, including VAPP and other recognised measures.
To ensure Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Production targets are all met.
To ensure that the Business Unit adhere to all ISO/QS or BS certification requirements needed to support the Business Plan.
• Effectively cascade all relevant Company Policies and information
• Continually assess the capability of all sections within the Business Unit and implement best practices to ensure improvements are ongoing.
• Liaise with all other departments which can influence the smooth operations within Business Unit
• Liaise with customers and suppliers when required
• Communicate at all levels of the business (when required) to inform them of issues or changes which may affect the operations within the Business Unit
• To introduce process', systems and procedures into the production environment to ensure capability, output requirement and safe operational usage within budgetary controls.
• HES and environmental aspects of manufacturing processes. Including undertaking risk assessments.
• Able to work as an individual or within a cross functional team.
• Product and process definition
• Initiate and be part of continuous improvement ideas and methods
• Promote Lean Manufacturing
• Knowledge of process flow, PFMEA, control plans presentation, work instruction sheets, process control sheets.
• Cost estimating for manufacture and prototypes
• Capacity utilisation
• Understanding of APQP and SPC is added advantage
• Support to achieve PPAP
• Maintain management information reporting as required
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Degree in Engineering / Chemistry
• Experience in technical/engineering/manufacturing background
• Strategic thinking, financial planning and delivery skills, communicating, problem solving
• Mobility and willingness to travel, flexible in location, dependent on future strategy of the business
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Management qualification
• Automotive industry or pre-treatment processing
• Change management