Site Quality Engineer
Power & Energy
6 months +
Our client is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. They operate in around 100 countries employing over 145,000 people.
To provide support to the Project Manager with respect to the management and control of the supply chain for EPC projects. The role requires a team player, able to demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm and determination to deliver compliance and continuous improvement throughout the project. The role will involve travel within the UK and Europe. A unique aspect to this role is the execution of Quality Related Activities for those sections of the supply chain involved through to full installation and commissioning at site.
- The development and maintenance of QMS system elements to ensure compliance with project standards.
- Liaising with Client or partner representatives for supply chain aspects of Quality Assurance.
- Managing internal and external standards and associated documentation on the project.
- Compiling regular reports to support management reports and KPI data.
- Providing QMS support and input to the project delivery process through to the site installation and commissioning.
- Support the supply chain in the development of project quality plans
- Manage audit and inspection plans at suppliers’ premises during manufacture and product verification stages (FAT) and at regular intervention points.
- Manage audit and inspection plans at site from delivery to site through to installation and commissioning and at regular intervention points.
- Ensure accurate records are produced by the supply chain and site contractors that demonstrate compliance with Contract specifications and in house processes.
- Promote the raising of non-compliance and defect reports within the supply chain and monitor and manage close out..
- Liaising closely with Functional Safety Assessor
- Working closely within a project team environment.
Essential Skills / Qualifications: