Snr Process Chemist
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is in the process of commissioning and starting up 26 integrated world-scale manufacturing plants that will produce more than three million tons of products every year in Jubail Industrial City II, Saudi Arabia. Of the 26 manufacturing plants currently being constructed in Jubail, 14 are completely new to Saudi Arabia, and their products will be made in the Kingdom for the very first time.
• Support site-wide manufacturing operations in identifying and troubleshooting production problems using expertise in organic and analytical chemistry. Develop innovative solutions for production problems with consideration for cost contributors such as capital, cycle time, and operations efficiency.
• Perform analytical measurements and interpret results from problematic process streams to develop insight into reaction mechanisms and process conditions that can lead to process fouling, yield losses, quality reductions, compliant problems, etc.
• Identify process inefficiencies through effective monitoring followed by development of action plans for optimization.
• Collaborate with support functional areas such as Engineering, Quality Control, Operations, EHS&S, Quality Assurance, Production Planning, etc. to rectify issues related to the release of final product.
• Support raw material source changes by conducting technical assessments to ensure safe and compliant implementation of change and continuity of supply
• Broad, in-depth knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry, as well as a working knowledge of modern analytical chemistry.
• Ability to identify, develop and apply new technologies to address and solve process chemistry problems
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate and communicate across disciplines and all chemical envelopes, as well as excellent written and oral skills.
• Work effectively as a team member and/or team leader in a self-directed, multi-disciplinary team of chemists, engineers, quality and operations personnel
• Track record of leading project teams and developing staff knowledge in process chemistry.
• Experience with project prioritization and effectively allocating resources to maximize value creation
• Ability to identify value-creation opportunities to improve manufacturing processes
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• A minimum of a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry is preferred; however, experienced MS applicants with industrial process chemistry experience with other degrees in chemistry are encouraged to apply
• Strong experience as a process chemist with a track record of solving manufacturing problems in a team environment is required