SPecialist Engineer - 31063
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
Responsible for vehicle programme targets setting, tracking and sign off to deliver product environmental performance (both legal and competitive).
The main areas of delivery focus on Life Cycle Assessment, Vehicle End of Life, Sustainable Value Chains and Vehicle Interior Air Quality. These include:
- Target setting including competitor benchmarking and futuring
- Project management of target delivery on platform and programme level
- Issue resolution and status reporting, up to Engineering Director level, including attendance of key programme integration and review meetings and preparation of metrics and documents
- Final validation for all targets (legal and competitive) including data analysis for Life Cycle Assessment, and Reusability, Recyclability and Recoverability calculations
- Drive the engagement at programme level and with key engineering and non-engineering functions including organisation of environmental innovation and optimisation reviews to advice on sustainability impacts
- Conduct vehicle Reusability, Recyclability and Recoverability (RRR) certification with VCA (Vehicle Certification Agency)
- Compilation of market specific data to support environment books of knowledge
3 KEY SKILLS
- Good analytical and project management skills, with ability to prioritise own workload and deliver to deadlines under pressure
- Confidence and ability to influence others across various business functions
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Minimum of high level results at A levels (or equivalent)
- Understanding of key environmental impact aspects: e.g. climate change, energy efficiency, resource efficiency and depletion
- Understanding of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) principles
- Understanding of whole vehicle engineering and systems engineering
- Understanding of Sustainable Value Chain principles and application
- Understanding of vehicle interior air quality requirements
Role will be based in Gaydon Engineering Centre but individual may be required periodically to work/ attend meetings in Whitley Engineering Centre or other manufacturing sites.